FULTON – New Albany won the turnover battle on Friday, but a second half filled with miscues, penalties, and stalled offensive play saw the Itawamba Indians take the 45-28 win. Indians senior quarterback Vijay Miller passed for over 250 yards during the game, tossing three touchdown passes and running a fourth while Bulldogs quarterback […]
Archive | Sports RSS feed for this section
The New Albany Park Commission announces registration for its 2015 Soccer Season. Registration is going on now and will run through Friday, August 21, 2015. The fee is $45 per child, ($40 per each sibling). All registrations must be done in person at the Sportsplex office located inside BNA Park. For more information cal (662) […]
Dye named Coach of the Year after impressive bowling season BY DENNIS CLAYTON – New Albany coach Wayne Dye was recently chosen as the Mississippi Association of Coaches Bowling Coach of the Year for the 2014-15 season. Dye has guided the Bulldog bowling program since its inception three years ago. “It was an honor to […]
BY DENNIS CLAYTON ELLISTOWN – East Union concluded their spring football practices with scrimmages with Biggersville and Thrasher on Thursday. The Urchins tied Biggersville in the opener 6-6 and defeated Thrasher in the nightcap 13-8. “I was proud of them (Urchins),” East Union coach Kevin Walton said. “They had good effort. We’ve just been teaching […]
NEW ALBANY – The Bulldogs have found their coach. Robert Burdette was approved by the New Albany School Board on Monday to assume the position of boys’ basketball coach for the 2015-2016 school year. “I know there was a lot of interest in the position,” Burdette said, “So I’m very honored and very fortunate that […]
NEW ALBANY – The athletic landscape for Union County and New Albany city schools will look different for the 2015-2016 school year as all five schools have made the decision to separate their schedules across all high school sports. Beginning in August, New Albany will no longer participate in any athletic contest with East Union, […]
BY DENNIS CLAYTON MOOREVILLE – East Union’s Lady Urchins gave perennial 3A power Mooreville all they could handle on Saturday before falling 2-1 in a hastily scheduled game due to recent rains. “I love playing Mooreville, in my opinion they are the best of the best,” East Union coach Josh Blythe said. “They’ve got two […]
BY DENNIS CLAYTON East Union won their game one in the late innings and lost game two in extra innings at the Pontotoc baseball tournament on Saturday. The Urchins defeated TCPS 7-0 and lost to North Pontotoc 4-3. Witt Roaton had a brilliant performance on the mound in game one, allowing only one hit while […]
JACKSON – In a game that racked up 59 fouls for both teams, Ingomar came up short. The Falcons lost in the semi-finals of the Class 1A boys playoffs to Coffeeville in a 92-69 final. “We [Ingomar] are going up to 2A next year, and we’ll be the only 2A school without football. We just […]
JACKSON – At 30 wins, the Lady Falcons’ season came to an end on Monday as Ingomar’s young team stumbled in the final minutes of the Class 1A girls semi-final against the Pelahatchie Chiefs. “It felt like we would gain control of the game and then make a mistake,” Falcons coach Trent Adair said of […]
- Division Dominance January 17, 2017
- Museum to have program on Mississippi quotations Thursday January 18, 2017
- County unemployment remains among state’s lowest at 4 percent January 18, 2017
- ‘Miracle’ continues to benefit police January 18, 2017
- King program promotes unity for all January 18, 2017
- Back in Business: New Albany rejoining Union County Tournament in 2018 January 20, 2017
- Playoff bound January 20, 2017
- Speller Owen Cotton wins ‘olympian’ victory January 19, 2017
- New candidate enters Ward One race January 19, 2017
- Weather Service to visit as part of severe storm awareness, training January 19, 2017
- tea party animal: A "closer look," with Your Home Missionary. ♫ ...
- Kaylyn Havrilla McClinton: I realize this comment was posted over two weeks a...
- Myke Britt: Someone asked "what has happened to our country"...
- Nonie: Margaret Gwendolyn Roberts McCraw - My Aunt Margar...
- Caleb Frederick: This is a great idea!...