JACKSON -When the shots counted the most they fell for West Union who held on for a 57-55 win in overtime against Bogue Chitto on Wednesday. The Lady Eagles led for the duration of the 32 regulation minutes with the Bobcats managing three ties in the final seconds of play. Zariah Matthews earned the shot […]
Archive | Sports RSS feed for this section
JACKSON – Ingomar’s young Lady Falcons squad reached another milestone on Wednesday, nabbing their first win inside Mississippi Coliseum with a 81-37 final over the Sebastopol Lady Bobcats. The victory marked the thirtieth win for the 2014-2015 season while also guaranteeing the Falcons a game on March 9 in the Class 1A girls semi-finals. Sebastopol […]
INGOMAR – Late in the fourth quarter, Ingomar trailed Coldwater in the first round of the Class 1A state playoffs. Not only did the Falcons need a big play, they needed someone to step up and lead the team. They got both in senior Laquain Foster, who turned a turnover earned by Ingomar’s defense into […]
OKOLONA – East Union started out hot on Tuesday, sinking five three-pointers in the opening minutes of their Class 2A playoff game, but the Urchins came up short losing 70-55 to the Okolona Chieftains. East Union’s 17-16 lead at the end of the first quarter was led by the efforts of Hunter Nobles, who earned […]
Hickory Flat’s playoff run ended on Tuesday as the Rebels lost 80-64 to John F. Kennedy High School in the Hornets’ second half comeback. Rebels leading scorers Randtail Isom and Hunter Mason both posted double-doubles in their final game. Isom scored 29 points and earned 10 rebounds, while Mason added 23 points and 10 rebounds. […]
New Albany gained a narrow 53-52 victory on Tuesday, defeating Greenwood in the opening round of the Class 4A state playoffs. “I feel that our offensive execution and our kids’ willingness to match their (Greenwood) physicality on both ends of the court were definitely the keys to the win,” New Albany coach Brad Gray said. […]
BY DENNIS CLAYTON ASHLAND – Ingomar’s Lady Falcons rallied in the second half to win the Division 2-1A tournament championship on Saturday, defeating Ashland 45-35. Ingomar trailed 27-20 with 4:05 left in the third quarter, but the Lady Falcons went on a 25-8 run to close the game and take the win. “We did have […]
(B) Ingomar 71, Coldwater 65 Ingomar rallied from a 63-56 deficit, going on a 15-2 run to close the contest and win in the first round of State 1A playoffs on Tuesday. The game featured 10 lead changes plus numerous ties, with the largest lead only being seven points. Ingomar held an early lead by […]
The blast of winter weather forced the postponement of the Girls North playoffs scheduled on Monday for four Union County area teams. All of the contests are rescheduled for Wednesday, weather permitting. Here is a listing of the games and the rescheduled dates and times: Wednesday, February 25 6:00 – Mound Bayou JFK at Ingomar […]
OXFORD – New Albany appeared to still be on the bus in the opening quarter of their 2-4A division tournament game against Lafayette. The Bulldogs found themselves on the wrong end of the 18-12 score, but they kept grinding and working to down the Commodores 57-50 on Wednesday. “You can’t make excuses, they (Lafayette) just […]
- Watkins is DAISY nursing award winner November 29, 2016
- Myrtle Christmas parade will be Friday night November 29, 2016
- Community holiday meal expected to feed 1,200 Dec. 17 November 29, 2016
- Eastern Lights December 1, 2016
- New Albany Garden Club December 1, 2016
- Chamberlin loses county but wins election December 1, 2016
- Finally, no flooding December 1, 2016
- Myrtle Tree of Hope to add local children December 1, 2016
- Library program offers book gift idea for the holidays December 1, 2016
- NA Christmas parade may still be in the works December 1, 2016
- Myke Britt: Someone asked "what has happened to our country"...
- Nonie: Margaret Gwendolyn Roberts McCraw - My Aunt Margar...
- Caleb Frederick: This is a great idea!...
- jonathan makeley: Jim Hedges 2016 If you are interested in joining t...
- Jim Hall: i'v read both of mr. coffeys' books, love them b...