OXFORD – New Albany closed out the 2016 tennis season with a few more titles. Seven members of the Bulldogs team finished the season as state champions after the three-day Class 4A Individual Tournament in Oxford. “It’s been a great week,” Bulldogs head coach Suzy Bowman said, “Just a storybook ending for all my seniors, they […]
Archive | Sports RSS feed for this section
Ingomar needed only two games to take the third-round series with Calhoun City and advance to round four of the Class 2A baseball playoffs. The Falcons clinched the sweep on Friday with a 6-4 win over the Wildcats. Logan Nobles had a huge night at the plate for the Falcons with a homer and three […]
ELLISTOWN – East Union asked for three innings from starting pitcher Cade Bell and he gave them five-plus innings and was the winning pitcher in the Urchins 4-3 game three win over East Webster on Monday. “I thought Bell just had a tremendous game, he and Joel (Wilkinson) and that was the difference in the […]
Myrtle boys had never won a state title in track, but that all changed on Saturday as the Hawks won the 1A title utilizing their numbers and hard-work ethic in the competition. “We put a lot of people in (events), we got a lot of people out, ” Myrtle coach Chris Greer said. “Abiram (Frazier) […]
Katie Rowan and Jordon Salmon won two individual state track titles apiece as East Union won seven total on the day at the opening day of the 2016 MHSAA track championships at Pearl on Friday. Rowan won the first state title of the day for East Union with her final jump of 17-06.00 in the […]
Several local track athletes punched their tickets for the MHSAA State Track and Field Championships to be held in Pearl on May 6 and 7. Myrtle, East Union and Ingomar ran at Winona in their 1A and 2A competition that covered two days due to inclement weather. Myrtle competed in the 1A North and individual […]
BOONEVILLE – Brittany Taylor, a 2014 graduate of West Union High School, signed with Delta State University softball on Wednesday, continuing her softball career after playing the past two seasons at Northeast Mississippi Community College. “I’m super excited, it’s always been like a dream to get to play college ball and I got to play […]
ELLISTOWN – East Union got a big dose of Bailie Springfield on Tuesday as the East Webster pitcher stifled the Lady Urchin offense and helped her Lady Wolverines to the 11-3 win. The Lady Urchins could only manage four hits off Springfield and twice during the contest East Union went down in order during an […]
SMITHVILLE – In the best-of-three series between Smithville and Myrtle, the Seminoles grabbed the win. Smithville took a 7-1 victory over the Hawks in a decisive game three on Monday, completing a two-game comeback to snag the series win and advance to the third round of the Class 1A playoffs. Errors proved costly for Myrtle […]
East Union’s pitching was near-perfect as the Urchins swept their second round series with Potts Camp and move on to a third round possible rematch with East Webster. Joel Wilkinson threw four innings of no-hit ball and Josh Basil came on in relief to preserve the no-hitter on Thursday as East Union took game one […]
- Alligator hunting permits go on sale July 19 July 20, 2016
- Ellistown Breezes July 21, 2016
- Hurricane news July 21, 2016
- Returning champs win in domino contest at fair July 21, 2016
- Prayer session was step in right direction July 21, 2016
- Beating the heat July 21, 2016
- Reactions mixed over school ratings July 21, 2016
- New Albany Main Street Association receives 2016 national Main Street accreditation July 21, 2016
- Passion for caring motivates new doctor Matthew Rhinewalt July 21, 2016
- Has city got a deal for you! July 21, 2016
- Miranda Mora: my boss was needing CMS-40B earlier today and saw ...
- BRYNN11SCHMIDT: my family was looking for CMS-40B earlier today an...
- janifar soloman: Our experts know all the perfect way to solve your...
- GerryGorel820: I totally agree with the all questions you raised....
- PHYLLIS OPPERMAN: Savvy suggestions , I Appreciate the facts - Does ...