INGOMAR – Ingomar girls opened up the 2016-17 season with a 68-43 win over Hickory Flat while the boys won 61-51 in the nightcap. In the girls game, the Lady Falcons started slowly and took a 13-7 lead after a quarter and continued to pull away for the convincing win. Mallory Russell scored only two […]
Archive | Sports RSS feed for this section
Urchins on the road again as they begin playoffs East Union has kept the roads hot this football season, traveling to seven road games in their 11-game schedule so it is only fitting that the Urchins found themselves on the road in the first round of 2A football playoffs. Tonight the Urchins will travel to […]
Joel Wilkinson describes himself as a “straight forward runner” and his rushing totals for the 2016 regular season have him running straight into the top 20 in the nation as he is currently 18th with his 2,307 yards. “I never would have thought of me being a top 20 rusher in the nation because I […]
WALNUT – East Union saw more of Montario Hunt than they would have liked on Friday night as the Walnut senior celebrated his senior night with an impressive five touchdown show in the Wildcats 48-27 win. With the win, Walnut took second place in division and the Urchins wound up in third place. The second […]
East Union will again be on the road for the seventh time this season at they wrap up the regular season at Walnut with home field advantage for game one of the playoffs hanging in the balance for the game winner. “We’ve played four homes games this year and we are 4-0 at home,” East […]
Ingomar swimmers will hit the water at the the State Swim Meet on Saturday, October 29 at the Tupelo Aquatic Center. Ingomar girls will compete in the 200 Yard Freestyle Relay with swimmers Anna Beth Gandy, Ashlyn Saxon, Aniston McClellan and Kenzie Shook. The team qualified for state with a 2:07.66 in North Half competition. […]
Urchins shut out Cardinals on senior night ELLISTOWN – East Union scored on the first play from scrimmage and went on to win convincingly over Potts Camp by a score of 42-0 on senior recognition night last Thursday. “I just think we had good mental focus and the level of intensity was high,” East Union […]
CALHOUN CITY – East Union swept Calhoun City on the road on Saturday, using different approaches to victory as they put game one out of reach early to win 19-8 in five innings and fought back from a four-run deficit in the second game to win game 10-5. East Union used a five run first […]
- Division Dominance January 17, 2017
- Museum to have program on Mississippi quotations Thursday January 18, 2017
- County unemployment remains among state’s lowest at 4 percent January 18, 2017
- ‘Miracle’ continues to benefit police January 18, 2017
- King program promotes unity for all January 18, 2017
- Lady Urchin Power January 21, 2017
- Back in Business: New Albany rejoining Union County Tournament in 2018 January 20, 2017
- Playoff bound January 20, 2017
- Speller Owen Cotton wins ‘olympian’ victory January 19, 2017
- New candidate enters Ward One race January 19, 2017
- tea party animal: A "closer look," with Your Home Missionary. ♫ ...
- Kaylyn Havrilla McClinton: I realize this comment was posted over two weeks a...
- Myke Britt: Someone asked "what has happened to our country"...
- Nonie: Margaret Gwendolyn Roberts McCraw - My Aunt Margar...
- Caleb Frederick: This is a great idea!...