A road game in Alcorn County ended with two losses for East Union as the Kossuth Aggies topped the Urchins 72-51 and 72-56 on Tuesday. The Lady Aggies took an early lead over East Union with a 26-12 score after one period, topping the first half with a 45-20 score. The Lady Urchins added 34 […]
Archive | Sports RSS feed for this section
New Albany resident Susan Morris has been awarded the Mississippi Tennis Association’s Tennis Official of the Year award. This award is presented to a certified tennis official in recognition of outstanding contributions to the cause of tennis officiating in Mississippi, according to a press release issued by the MTA. Morris became an official to help tennis […]
East Union traveled to Booneville Friday for a pair of non-division games and dropped both contests to the Blue Devils. The Lady Urchins fell 66-50 and the Urchins lost 67-48. East Union boys played a strong first half, leading 34-28 at the intermission, but Booneville stormed back in the second half as they outscored the […]
INGOMAR – In a division 2-1A battle, the Falcons came out on top defeating a rallying Myrtle team 66-63 in the Union County rivals’ final regular season meeting. The Lady Falcons also garnered a win against Myrtle with a 67-35 final. In the girls’ game, Gara Beth Self led with 17 points, followed by Mallory […]
PONTOTOC – East Union, West Union and Ingomar opened the Robertson’s Sportswear basketball tournament on Saturday, with the the Lady Falcons extending their win streak to thirteen games. (G) Ingomar 53, Kossuth 38 The Lady Falcons were led by Mallory Russell with 25 points and nine rebounds against the Aggies, with Lauren Thompson adding […]
BY DENNIS CLAYTON ELLISTOWN – New Albany Middle School’s teams made a clean sweep in the Union County Junior High Tournament on Thursday with the Lady Bulldogs topping East Union 28-19 and the Bulldogs completing the sweep with a 56-31 win over West Union. East Union took the early lead in the girls game, 7-5 […]
BY DENNIS CLAYTON New Albany boys clinched first place in the tough Division 1-4A win a 2-0 win as the Bulldogs completed division play with a 5-1 record. New Albany girls won easily, 10-0 and finished with a perfect 6-0 record in division. “The boys game was a lot slower this time and I thought […]
Baldwyn 77, New Albany 68, 2OT New Albany dominated Baldwyn through three quarters of play, but the combination of the Bearcat half court pressure, turnovers and Connor McKay in the fourth quarter brought Baldwyn back to tie in regulation 55-55 and eventually take the win in double overtime 77-68. Baldwyn went on a 30-10 run […]
BY DENNIS CLAYTON MYRTLE – Ashland traveled to Myrtle for a Division 2-1A meeting and came away with a pair of victories, winning the girls contest 68-51 and also taking the boys matchup in the nightcap 62-55. “I thought that we let them (Ashland) make us uncomfortable,” Myrtle coach Rob Browning said. “They’re very good […]
BY DENNIS CLAYTON INGOMAR – The Lady Falcons of Ingomar staggered New Albany early with a 28-7 advantage after the opening quarter and were able to hold off the Lady Bulldogs late to claim the Union County Tournament Girls Championship on Saturday. Ingomar prevailed 63-54 in the contest. “We had a good start and scored […]
- First-graders tour career and technical center October 25, 2016
- Secretary of State Delbert Hosemann to be guest speaker at Business-2-Business program Thursday October 25, 2016
- Grand jury hears near-record number of cases October 25, 2016
- ‘Sharing at Christmas’ sign-up under way but contributions not yet coming in October 25, 2016
- Yes, Haunted Forest has evil clowns October 25, 2016
- East Union vs Potts Camp Football Photos October 26, 2016
- Division Dominance October 26, 2016
- County officials extend burn ban October 25, 2016
- Section of Main Street closed for repairs October 25, 2016
- Pastor faces sex charges October 25, 2016
- Jim Hall: i'v read both of mr. coffeys' books, love them b...
- Seth Vincent Flake: New Albany and the people behind the scenes are do...
- Jeremy Cable: They also need to allow for a more eclectic musica...
- Darren Byles: Better yet, why aren't they punished for not foll...
- Darren Byles: "According to Strawn, Union County schools receiv...