Kelton Hall of Ingomar has recently been named to the 2014 Southeast 14U USSSA All-American Baseball Team. Hall will play in the USSSA All-American Games during August 1-4 at ESPN Wide World of Sports at Disney World in Orlando, Fla. Hall is one of two Mississippians named to the 15-member team. The Southeast Regional team […]
Archive | Sports RSS feed for this section
The Inverness Boll Weevils used a big fourth inning to top the Bay Springs Bobcats by a 4-2 margin. The Boll Weevils sent nine batters to the plate during the inning and collected two hits. They were helped by four walks and a hit by pitch in scoring their four runs. The first three innings had […]
The Black Prairie Mudcats got the maximum from only seven hits as they defeated the Bay Springs Bobcats 18-3 on Tuesday night at BNA Bank Park. The Mudcats picked up two runs in the top of the first as leadoff batter Karah Stephenson walked and later scored on Abby Pitts’ RBI double. Pitts would score […]
WEST UNION – John Austin Taylor of West Union was recently chosen to play baseball in the Mississippi Showcase sponsored by BSN Sports at Tupelo Christian Preparatory School’s baseball field on July 24. There were 30 players chosen from across the state to participate. Taylor had a .415 batting average on the 2014 season for […]
INGOMAR – A Monday evening double-header between two county schools ended in a win for both the Ingomar Lady Falcons and the East Union Lady Urchins. East Union took the opening game 9-4, with Ingomar’s defense plagued by errors that saw all but two runs scored by the Lady Urchins during the game arrive unearned. […]
INGOMAR – Ingomar’s Lady Falcons had a split decision in fast pitch softball on Tuesday as South Pontotoc won game one 5-4 and the Lady Falcons took the nightcap 3-1. Ingomar fell behind 1-0 after South Pontotoc scored the first run of game two in the top of the fourth. Ingomar had gone in order […]
BY DENNIS CLAYTON INGOMAR – North Pontotoc took a narrow 46-41 win over Ingomar in the final day of summer league basketball at Ingomar. Ingomar rode the first half scoring blitz of Kelton Hall to close the game to 27-26 at the half. Hall scorched the nets for 19 points including five 3-pointers to lead […]
BY DENNIS CLAYTON SALTILLO – New Albany girls scored a late goal and kept up the attack in attempts to tie, but Saltillo was able to withstand the pressure and take a 2-1 win in the 7v7 championship game at Saltillo. New Albany finished 2-1 on the day. “It was a great opportunity for the […]
BY DENNIS CLAYTON East Union is in a building program in a large way this summer as the school is constructing an on-campus football stadium and also building a multipurpose indoor facility to be used by all sports as well as the school’s physical education classes. “We constructed about an 8,500 sq. foot metal building […]
- New Legion Auxiliary officers July 27, 2016
- Eastern Lights July 28, 2016
- Ellistown Breezes July 28, 2016
- Cora Sanders turns 98 July 28, 2016
- Baptist Union County selects Service First Champion July 28, 2016
- Baptist Union County’s HealthPlex transitions to new owner July 29, 2016
- Youth production to ‘dazzle’ audience this weekend with selections from Disney markings. July 28, 2016
- Martintown bridge complete, road open again July 28, 2016
- There is much we didn’t know about millionaire Paul Rainey July 28, 2016
- Young Valley to bring ‘alt-country’ sound to weekend concert series July 28, 2016
- Miranda Mora: my boss was needing CMS-40B earlier today and saw ...
- BRYNN11SCHMIDT: my family was looking for CMS-40B earlier today an...
- janifar soloman: Our experts know all the perfect way to solve your...
- GerryGorel820: I totally agree with the all questions you raised....
- PHYLLIS OPPERMAN: Savvy suggestions , I Appreciate the facts - Does ...
Subscribe to Blog via Email
- Baptist Union County’s HealthPlex transitions to new owner
- Youth production to ‘dazzle’ audience this weekend with selections from Disney markings.
- Martintown bridge complete, road open again
- There is much we didn’t know about millionaire Paul Rainey
- Young Valley to bring ‘alt-country’ sound to weekend concert series