MYRTLE – West Union sprinted out to an early 7-0 lead after half an inning and hung on to defeat Myrtle 9-4 in Division 2-1A softball on Monday. The Lady Eagles sent 12 batters to the plate while pounding out four hits and taking advantage of Myrtle errors and a couple of walks to go […]
Archive | Sports RSS feed for this section
SALTILLO – Union County had top five finishes by Myrtle boys (fourth) in the overall team and East Union’s Sarah Duley and Clayton Fulgham both finished fifth in girls and boys 1A-3A. Myrtle boys edged Kossuth by a point (152-153) and were led by Titus Gillard’s ninth place finish in 18:36.20. Fulgham ran the course […]
GLEN – East Union led early and rallied late to defeat the Alcorn Central Bears on their homecoming night by a final of 43-37. Joel Wilkinson’s 80-yard run with 4:34 remaining sealed the win for the Urchins. “The way we were struggling on defense, I was really worried,” East Union head coach Kevin Walton said. […]
THRASHER – East Union normally relies on their offense to score early in their contests, but it was the Urchin defense that put up the first points against Thrasher as Dallas Wooten picked off a Thrasher pass and returned it 27 yards to spark the team as East Union rolled to the 56-20 win. Joel […]
ENTERPRISE – West Union rode the bats of the bottom half of their order in the 9-4 Division 2-1A win over county rival Myrtle on Thursday. Seven of the nine runs were driven in by the bottom half of the Lady Eagle lineup. “The bottom half of the order hit the ball when we needed […]
NEW ALBANY – History comes in many forms. On Tuesday night it arrived with the blow of a whistle and the snap of a ball. Shoulder pads and helmets slapped together to the cheers of a crowd bearing witness to something that once seemed impossible. Myrtle Attendance Center, known across Mississippi as a basketball school, […]
East Union will visit Thrasher for their third game of the season and both teams come into the contest with perfect 2-0 records. “They (Thrasher) will be in a double wing, but it will be different from what we do,” East Union head coach Kevin Walton said. “They will be under center and they will […]
ELLISTOWN – East Union and Ingomar battled back and forth with the home runs flying for both teams before the Lady Urchins landed the knockout punch in their half of the sixth to gain the 14-10 win. The teams combined for 11 total home runs with East Union hitting six and the Lady Falcons blasting […]
Itawamba opened the second game of the 2016 season with a statement. Senior quarterback Austin King hit receiver Caleb Whittle for a 68 yard touchdown pass on the first snap of the ball, and the Indians went up 7-0 on the Bulldogs en route to a 21-7 win. Both teams racked up over a 100 […]
ELLISTOWN – East Union opened up their offense by mixing in some passing with the heavy-duty ground game and downed the Hamilton Lions 48-0 on Thursday. The Urchin offensive line opened up huge holes for Joel Wilkinson to run through as the sophomore running back ran for 184 yards and a touchdown on just eight […]
- Watkins is DAISY nursing award winner November 29, 2016
- Community holiday meal expected to feed 1,200 Dec. 17 November 29, 2016
- Eastern Lights December 1, 2016
- New Albany Garden Club December 1, 2016
- City officials: Do what you can now…but plan for the future December 1, 2016
- City will try for Christmas parade again next Tuesday at 6 December 6, 2016
- Chamberlin loses county but wins election December 1, 2016
- Finally, no flooding December 1, 2016
- Myrtle Tree of Hope to add local children December 1, 2016
- Library program offers book gift idea for the holidays December 1, 2016
- Myke Britt: Someone asked "what has happened to our country"...
- Nonie: Margaret Gwendolyn Roberts McCraw - My Aunt Margar...
- Caleb Frederick: This is a great idea!...
- jonathan makeley: Jim Hedges 2016 If you are interested in joining t...
- Jim Hall: i'v read both of mr. coffeys' books, love them b...