Mooreville tops Lady Urchins in slowpitch slugfest ELLISTOWN – East Union and Mooreville locked up in a home run battle and the Lady Troopers out-homered the Lady Urchins by a nine to five margin and outscored them 18-16 to take the win on Tuesday. The home run ball was more impressive in the run total […]
Archive | Sports RSS feed for this section
Walk-off homer lifts Lady Falcons over East Union for 2016 title INGOMAR – Ingomar and East met for the Union County Slowpitch Championship in the day’s final game and the Lady Falcons won 9-8 in the bottom of the seventh on Lauren Thompson’s walkoff home run with no outs. Ingomar had earlier tied the game […]
East Union will have a short week as they will play host to Hamilton on Thursday in their second game of the season. East Union is coming off an impressive offensive performance as the Urchins ran for 492 yards in their game at Falkner. The Urchin line opened big holes for Joel Wilkinson to run […]
MYRTLE – South Pontotoc played long ball against Myrtle and their five home runs that drove in eight runs proved to be the difference as they defeated the Lady Hawks 18-11 on Monday. Myrtle took an early 5-1 lead after an inning, sparked by Karlie Bolden’s two-run homer, but South Pontotoc began to find the […]
Joel Wilkinson scored early and often as the sophomore running back rushed for 292 yards on 19 carries and five touchdowns in the Urchins 47-25 win over Falkner. East Union scored first on Wilkinson’s 38-yard run and never trailed in the game. Zach Penny recovered a Falkner fumble and returned it 31 yards to to […]
NEW ALBANY – One pass made all the difference. The Bulldogs 7-0 win over Bruce in the season opener came in the first quarter as quarterback Sam McMillin hit senior wide receiver Sam Cagle with a touchdown pass. “It was all we needed,” McMillin said, “It was enough.” Following that score, the two offenses entered into […]
First inning lifts Lady Urchins to win over Okolona One inning was all that East Union needed to put away the the Lady Chieftains of Okolona as they won going away by the score of 23-0. The first 15 batters for the Lady Urchins reached base and scored as they sped out to the 15-0 […]
East Union will hit the road and travel to Tippah County to face the Falkner Eagles of 1A in a rematch of last year’s opener won by the Eagles 28-6. East Union will continue to rely on their shotgun/double wing offense in their run-oriented game featuring Joel Wilkinson as their primary runner and linebacker Chandler […]
East Union feel behind early, but the Urchins closed out their game with Alcorn Central on a high note, posting the 12-7 win as they fought their way back and scored two touchdowns in the closing minutes at the South Pontotoc Jamboree. “I liked the fight and we are running some new stuff, it’s more […]
East Union gave up an opening drive touchdown to Alcorn Central in Friday’s South Pontotoc Jamboree, but the Urchins mounted a comeback in the second quarter to take the 12-7 win. Joel Wilkinson had 11 carries for 102 yards and scored both touchdowns to lead the Urchins. Wilkinson scored his first touchdown with 5:10 left […]
- First-graders tour career and technical center October 25, 2016
- Grand jury hears near-record number of cases October 25, 2016
- ‘Sharing at Christmas’ sign-up under way but contributions not yet coming in October 25, 2016
- Yes, Haunted Forest has evil clowns October 25, 2016
- Former city court clerk arrested October 25, 2016
- Urchins travel to Walnut for season finale October 27, 2016
- Ingomar swimmers to compete at state championships October 27, 2016
- East Union vs Potts Camp Football Photos October 26, 2016
- Division Dominance October 26, 2016
- County officials extend burn ban October 25, 2016
- Jim Hall: i'v read both of mr. coffeys' books, love them b...
- Seth Vincent Flake: New Albany and the people behind the scenes are do...
- Jeremy Cable: They also need to allow for a more eclectic musica...
- Darren Byles: Better yet, why aren't they punished for not foll...
- Darren Byles: "According to Strawn, Union County schools receiv...