ELLISTOWN – East Union put the finishing touches on their spring football on Monday as they hosted New Site and South Pontotoc in abbreviated games of 15 minute halves. The Urchins lost the opener 7-6 to New Site and the nightcap 21-0 to South Pontotoc. “We went in wanting to see effort and things that […]
Archive | Sports RSS feed for this section
East Union will head to Trustmark Park in Pearl this week to go for the MHSAA Class 2A state championship with Loyd Star in the best of three series. The teams were originally scheduled to play game one on Wednesday, but due to severe weather concerns for the area, play was moved up to Tuesday […]
Urchins defeat Ingomar for 2A championship series appearance INGOMAR – East Union got off the bus swinging the bats as a seven-run outburst in the first inning decided their game two with Ingomar early on. The Urchins went on to win 13-2 in five innings, taking the 2A North Half championship series 2-0. “I just […]
PEARL – East Union turned in a complete performance on the field on Tuesday, taking a 5-1 win over Loyd Star and a 1-0 lead in the Class 2A Championship Series at Trustmark Park. On offense, Joel Wilkinson provided the spark for the Urchins, finishing with two RBIs from a base clearing triple that put […]
Monday, May 16 at East Union Football Field 5:00 – East Union vs South Pontotoc (Jr. High) 5:45 – East Union vs New Site (Varsity) 6:30 – South Pontotoc vs New Site (Varsity) 7:15 – East Union vs South Pontotoc (Varsity) 8:00 – East Union vs South Pontotoc (JV)
INGOMAR – East Union needed a seventh inning rally to win the opening game of their North Half baseball series with Ingomar, but not so in game two on Friday. The Urchins exploded for seven runs in the first and won by a final of 13-2 in five innings to sweep the series 2-0. The […]
ELLISTOWN – East Union got a golden opportunity in the bottom of the seventh inning and Cade Bell delivered the clutch RBI as the Urchins broke the tie and won 3-2 in their game one series. East Union loaded the bases on back-to-back bloop singles and a walk then Bell drove the hard liner to […]
OXFORD – For the fifth consecutive year, the Bulldogs brought home a state title. New Albany defeated Newton County 6-1 for the Class 4A tennis championship, in seven matches that could have gone either way through the opening sets. “I think just the excitement of the day, it made it a bit closer of a […]
OXFORD – New Albany closed out the 2016 tennis season with a few more titles. Seven members of the Bulldogs team finished the season as state champions after the three-day Class 4A Individual Tournament in Oxford. “It’s been a great week,” Bulldogs head coach Suzy Bowman said, “Just a storybook ending for all my seniors, they […]
Ingomar needed only two games to take the third-round series with Calhoun City and advance to round four of the Class 2A baseball playoffs. The Falcons clinched the sweep on Friday with a 6-4 win over the Wildcats. Logan Nobles had a huge night at the plate for the Falcons with a homer and three […]
- Blood donations urgently needed in the final weeks of summer August 23, 2016
- Local resident report being victim of jury duty scam August 25, 2016
- Tanglefoot Trail good, but needs more signs August 25, 2016
- Ellistown Breezes August 25, 2016
- Eastern Lights August 25, 2016
- Friday Night Lights: Deep ball upends Bulldogs August 26, 2016
- Urchins tame the Lions in shutout win August 25, 2016
- Easy riding ahead August 25, 2016
- County schools still among top in state August 25, 2016
- Rickey Scaggs to headline Tallahatchie RiverFest in Oct. August 25, 2016
- Seth Vincent Flake: New Albany and the people behind the scenes are do...
- Jeremy Cable: They also need to allow for a more eclectic musica...
- Darren Byles: Better yet, why aren't they punished for not foll...
- Darren Byles: "According to Strawn, Union County schools receiv...
- Lego MiniFaulkner: Also worth a look: http://www.knightsgambitvineyar...