by Dennis Clayton West Union got off to a rather slow start on Tuesday against Wheeler, but before the night was over, the Lady Eagles had their offense rolling as the won the opening series of the 1A softball playoffs against Wheeler 2-1. Wheeler won the opening game 3-2 with Bailey Bogue and Marley Long […]
Tag Archives | featured
The Spunk Monkees will perform from 6:00 to 8:00 p.m. on Oct. 26 at Hill Country Halloween. “In the tiny town of Myrtle, the Spunk Monkees got its start. In the early 1990s, the band was a country act called Misbehavin’, but the guys felt the call to rock out,” according to band history, Main […]
New Albany Elementary School celebrated Literacy Day on Sept. 20. Students were able to bring blankets, pillows, and stuffed animals from home to create a comfortable place for reading. Students participated in the NAES Bullpup Read-A-Thon and were treated to a Bullpup Reading Pep Rally featuring New Albany High School cheerleaders. During the Read-A-Thon, more […]
By Dennis Clayton Myrtle girls turned in an impressive and dominating performance in the 1A-3A Girls 4000 meters at the Southerntees Challenge on Saturday. The Lady Hawks placed eight runners in the top 16 to take the trophy home as the top overall team in the event. All eight runners finished the course in times […]
It was a night of big plays as New Albany and North Pontotoc met in a non-division contest as the Bulldogs celebrated Homecoming. The celebration was made complete when Eathen Rainey’s 36 yard field goal split the uprights in overtime to lift New Albany to comeback win of 24-21. New Albany found themselves trailing North […]
Photo by Darrell Ivy/The Image Place New Albany High School homecoming court Members of the New Albany High School 2013 Homecoming Court are, from left, Maid Erin Michael Carter, Maid Ali Sizemore, Maid Allie Owen, Queen Hannah Anderson, Maid Farrah Speck, Maid Lauren Cavender and Maid Darby Mills. The homecoming parade will be through downtown […]
Emily Cook had two hits, scored two runs and was the winning pitcher for Myrtle in their home division win over Ingomar. Morgan Gooch is behind the plate for Ingomar. Photo by Dennis Clayton Myrtle needed not only a win over Ingomar, they needed to cover the run differential from an earlier loss to the […]
Students in eighth grade science classes had the opportunity to use some of the science skills they have been reviewing such as scientific inquiry, thinking like a scientist, observation, prediction, classification, and evaluation. During the week of Aug. 26, students worked in groups to build skyscrapers. The groups were provided with the following materials: a […]
A traditional part of Tallahatchie RiverFest each year is the creative displays done by local garden groups. This year, Master Gardeners Janet and Tim Burress, left, and Lisa and Pat James created ‘The Beverly Hillbillies,’ headed for RiverFest in front of the welcome center. The display is made of assorted materials including wood, hay, gourds […]
- Alligator hunting permits go on sale July 19 July 20, 2016
- Ellistown Breezes July 21, 2016
- Hurricane news July 21, 2016
- Returning champs win in domino contest at fair July 21, 2016
- Prayer session was step in right direction July 21, 2016
- Beating the heat July 21, 2016
- Reactions mixed over school ratings July 21, 2016
- New Albany Main Street Association receives 2016 national Main Street accreditation July 21, 2016
- Passion for caring motivates new doctor Matthew Rhinewalt July 21, 2016
- Has city got a deal for you! July 21, 2016
- Miranda Mora: my boss was needing CMS-40B earlier today and saw ...
- BRYNN11SCHMIDT: my family was looking for CMS-40B earlier today an...
- janifar soloman: Our experts know all the perfect way to solve your...
- GerryGorel820: I totally agree with the all questions you raised....
- PHYLLIS OPPERMAN: Savvy suggestions , I Appreciate the facts - Does ...