Warren signs with William Carey Tyler Warren of Union County recently signed a cross country/track scholarship with William Carey College in Hattiesburg, MS. “It’s a good program and school, they have a good program that I am trying to get into and that made a big difference,” Warren said. “I wasn’t really thinking about William […]
Tag Archives | Ingomar Falcons
Urchins defeat Ingomar for 2A championship series appearance INGOMAR – East Union got off the bus swinging the bats as a seven-run outburst in the first inning decided their game two with Ingomar early on. The Urchins went on to win 13-2 in five innings, taking the 2A North Half championship series 2-0. “I just […]
INGOMAR – East Union needed a seventh inning rally to win the opening game of their North Half baseball series with Ingomar, but not so in game two on Friday. The Urchins exploded for seven runs in the first and won by a final of 13-2 in five innings to sweep the series 2-0. The […]
Ingomar needed only two games to take the third-round series with Calhoun City and advance to round four of the Class 2A baseball playoffs. The Falcons clinched the sweep on Friday with a 6-4 win over the Wildcats. Logan Nobles had a huge night at the plate for the Falcons with a homer and three […]
Several local track athletes punched their tickets for the MHSAA State Track and Field Championships to be held in Pearl on May 6 and 7. Myrtle, East Union and Ingomar ran at Winona in their 1A and 2A competition that covered two days due to inclement weather. Myrtle competed in the 1A North and individual […]
Union County had a huge showing at regional track meets on Saturday as East Union won the boys and girls 1-2A meet at Tupelo while Myrtle swept both titles in region 1-1A in Oxford. East Union girls were again led by Katie Rowan, winner of the 100 meter hurdles in 16.66 and 300 meter hurdles […]
Kelton Hall had a big night at the plate on Friday as he led his Ingomar Falcons to a game one 7-4 win over Bruce. Hall went three for four with two home runs, four RBIs and three runs scored. “The game was just nip and tuck all the way through,” Ingomar coach Andy Wilbanks […]
The Division 1-2A track meet was held on Wednesday at Tishomingo County High School and local teams from East Union and Ingomar had several participants advance on to the regionals. Katie Rowan led East Union to multiple wins including the long jump (15-07.25), 100 meter hurdles (17.75) and 300 meter hurdles (54.30). Rowan also placed […]
INGOMAR – In the battle for the lead in Division 1-2A, the Urchins came out on top. East Union defeated Ingomar in a 5-3 decision on Tuesday, aided by timely hitting from the batting rotation and the arm of Witt Roaton, who pitched a complete game for the Urchins and recorded nine strikeouts on the […]
Union County archery teams fared well in the state championships this week as East Union placed second while Ingomar and Myrtle finished fourth in their respective classes. East Union and Ingomar fell to Mantachie who took their third consecutive title. East Union finished with 3,219 points and Ingomar totaled 3,095 compared to Mantachie’s winning score […]
- Easy riding ahead August 25, 2016
- Eastern Lights August 25, 2016
- Home Run Derby August 25, 2016
- County Champs August 25, 2016
- Urchins host Hamilton in Thursday’s home opener August 25, 2016
- Easy riding ahead August 25, 2016
- County schools still among top in state August 25, 2016
- Rickey Scaggs to headline Tallahatchie RiverFest in Oct. August 25, 2016
- Wife accused of shooting husband six times August 25, 2016
- Police charge two teens with armed robbery of merchant August 25, 2016
- Seth Vincent Flake: New Albany and the people behind the scenes are do...
- Jeremy Cable: They also need to allow for a more eclectic musica...
- Darren Byles: Better yet, why aren't they punished for not foll...
- Darren Byles: "According to Strawn, Union County schools receiv...
- Lego MiniFaulkner: Also worth a look: http://www.knightsgambitvineyar...