Myrtle boys had never won a state title in track, but that all changed on Saturday as the Hawks won the 1A title utilizing their numbers and hard-work ethic in the competition. “We put a lot of people in (events), we got a lot of people out, ” Myrtle coach Chris Greer said. “Abiram (Frazier) […]
Tag Archives | Myrtle Hawks
Several local track athletes punched their tickets for the MHSAA State Track and Field Championships to be held in Pearl on May 6 and 7. Myrtle, East Union and Ingomar ran at Winona in their 1A and 2A competition that covered two days due to inclement weather. Myrtle competed in the 1A North and individual […]
SMITHVILLE – In the best-of-three series between Smithville and Myrtle, the Seminoles grabbed the win. Smithville took a 7-1 victory over the Hawks in a decisive game three on Monday, completing a two-game comeback to snag the series win and advance to the third round of the Class 1A playoffs. Errors proved costly for Myrtle […]
MYRTLE – Smithville got a couple of key hits and welcomed a bit of help from Myrtle to break a 1-1 tie to take game two in their 1A playoff series and force a game three at Smithville. Blake Comer singled to start the seventh and a passed ball allowed pinch runner Layne Williams to […]
Union County had a huge showing at regional track meets on Saturday as East Union won the boys and girls 1-2A meet at Tupelo while Myrtle swept both titles in region 1-1A in Oxford. East Union girls were again led by Katie Rowan, winner of the 100 meter hurdles in 16.66 and 300 meter hurdles […]
Conlee named Player of the Year in Division 2-1A Gracen Conlee of West Union was named girls Player of the Year for the 2015-2016 basketball season in Division 2-1A. Matt Thompson of West Union was named Coach of the Year for girls basket. Conlee, a senior, has been a starter for the Lady Eagles for […]
Myrtle boys and girls made it a clean sweep at the division track meet at Potts Camp on Monday as the girls amassed 94.5 points to cruise to the win and the boys won by 19 points over Ashland. Geniesha Montgomery and Ivory Montgomery led the Lady Hawks domination with three firsts. Geniesha won the […]
MYRTLE – It came down to opportunities, Myrtle capitalized on their big opportunity and West Union didn’t as the Hawks took the Division 2-1A win 3-0 and secured second place while dropping the Eagles to third. Myrtle scored all their runs in the fifth inning with the final run coming on Anthony Lipsey’s steal of […]
TUPELO – East Union and Myrtle went head-to-head in the 1A-3A small school division at the Daily Journal Relays and the teams finished 1-2 overall with the Lady Urchins taking the win. East Union had a total of 169 points and Myrtle finished with 137.50. Katie Rowan won three events for the second consecutive year […]
Union County archery teams fared well in the state championships this week as East Union placed second while Ingomar and Myrtle finished fourth in their respective classes. East Union and Ingomar fell to Mantachie who took their third consecutive title. East Union finished with 3,219 points and Ingomar totaled 3,095 compared to Mantachie’s winning score […]
- Ellistown Breezes July 21, 2016
- Hurricane news July 27, 2016
- Macedonia news July 27, 2016
- Center Hill Baptist Church news July 27, 2016
- Required vaccinations safe and reliable July 27, 2016
- Local swimmers compete in long course state meet July 27, 2016
- Tax-free weekend coming up July 27, 2016
- Health officer reminds parents about required school vaccinations. July 27, 2016
- Supervisors ask for bridge redesign to lower construction costs July 27, 2016
- Get a year’s worth of news for only $29 July 27, 2016
- Miranda Mora: my boss was needing CMS-40B earlier today and saw ...
- BRYNN11SCHMIDT: my family was looking for CMS-40B earlier today an...
- janifar soloman: Our experts know all the perfect way to solve your...
- GerryGorel820: I totally agree with the all questions you raised....
- PHYLLIS OPPERMAN: Savvy suggestions , I Appreciate the facts - Does ...