MYRTLE – West Union sprinted out to an early 7-0 lead after half an inning and hung on to defeat Myrtle 9-4 in Division 2-1A softball on Monday. The Lady Eagles sent 12 batters to the plate while pounding out four hits and taking advantage of Myrtle errors and a couple of walks to go […]
Tag Archives | Myrtle Lady Hawks
ENTERPRISE – West Union rode the bats of the bottom half of their order in the 9-4 Division 2-1A win over county rival Myrtle on Thursday. Seven of the nine runs were driven in by the bottom half of the Lady Eagle lineup. “The bottom half of the order hit the ball when we needed […]
Walk-off homer lifts Lady Falcons over East Union for 2016 title INGOMAR – Ingomar and East met for the Union County Slowpitch Championship in the day’s final game and the Lady Falcons won 9-8 in the bottom of the seventh on Lauren Thompson’s walkoff home run with no outs. Ingomar had earlier tied the game […]
MYRTLE – South Pontotoc played long ball against Myrtle and their five home runs that drove in eight runs proved to be the difference as they defeated the Lady Hawks 18-11 on Monday. Myrtle took an early 5-1 lead after an inning, sparked by Karlie Bolden’s two-run homer, but South Pontotoc began to find the […]
Conlee named Player of the Year in Division 2-1A Gracen Conlee of West Union was named girls Player of the Year for the 2015-2016 basketball season in Division 2-1A. Matt Thompson of West Union was named Coach of the Year for girls basket. Conlee, a senior, has been a starter for the Lady Eagles for […]
Myrtle boys and girls made it a clean sweep at the division track meet at Potts Camp on Monday as the girls amassed 94.5 points to cruise to the win and the boys won by 19 points over Ashland. Geniesha Montgomery and Ivory Montgomery led the Lady Hawks domination with three firsts. Geniesha won the […]
West Union rebounds to take 2-1A softball title with perfect record ENTERPRISE – West Union has returned to take the top spot in Division 2-1A fast pitch softball as the Lady Eagles swept always tough county rival Myrtle on Thursday with a convincing 10-2 win. The Lady Eagles also capped a perfect run through division […]
TUPELO – East Union and Myrtle went head-to-head in the 1A-3A small school division at the Daily Journal Relays and the teams finished 1-2 overall with the Lady Urchins taking the win. East Union had a total of 169 points and Myrtle finished with 137.50. Katie Rowan won three events for the second consecutive year […]
East Union, Myrtle take first in Tri-County Meet East Union boys and Myrtle girls took wins in the first-ever Tri-County track meet at Byhalia on Saturday. East Union took first place in seven events with Jordon Salmon leading the Urchins with his first place finishes in the 800 and 1600 meter runs. Salmon had winning […]
INGOMAR – Myrtle’s 16 hits did a lot of damage on Monday as the Lady Hawks took a 15-5 win over Ingomar in non-division play. For Myrtle head coach Marty Cook, that offensive output and strong defensive play is the result of a grueling opening schedule that has the Hawks carrying a 2-6 record. “We […]
- County budget adopted with no change September 22, 2016
- Urchins come from behind to take down Bears September 22, 2016
- Union County runners enjoy top five finishes at Saltillo XC meet September 22, 2016
- First inning flurry leads to West Union win September 22, 2016
- Urchins host New Site on homecoming September 22, 2016
- Urchins run over Royals September 24, 2016
- Lady Urchins bomb Baldwyn in division play September 22, 2016
- School board races shaping up September 22, 2016
- Bank donates clock to Cooper Park September 22, 2016
- County still among lowest in unemployment September 22, 2016
- Seth Vincent Flake: New Albany and the people behind the scenes are do...
- Jeremy Cable: They also need to allow for a more eclectic musica...
- Darren Byles: Better yet, why aren't they punished for not foll...
- Darren Byles: "According to Strawn, Union County schools receiv...
- Lego MiniFaulkner: Also worth a look: http://www.knightsgambitvineyar...