Walk-off homer lifts Lady Falcons over East Union for 2016 title INGOMAR – Ingomar and East met for the Union County Slowpitch Championship in the day’s final game and the Lady Falcons won 9-8 in the bottom of the seventh on Lauren Thompson’s walkoff home run with no outs. Ingomar had earlier tied the game […]
Tag Archives | Myrtle Lady Hawks
MYRTLE – South Pontotoc played long ball against Myrtle and their five home runs that drove in eight runs proved to be the difference as they defeated the Lady Hawks 18-11 on Monday. Myrtle took an early 5-1 lead after an inning, sparked by Karlie Bolden’s two-run homer, but South Pontotoc began to find the […]
Conlee named Player of the Year in Division 2-1A Gracen Conlee of West Union was named girls Player of the Year for the 2015-2016 basketball season in Division 2-1A. Matt Thompson of West Union was named Coach of the Year for girls basket. Conlee, a senior, has been a starter for the Lady Eagles for […]
Myrtle boys and girls made it a clean sweep at the division track meet at Potts Camp on Monday as the girls amassed 94.5 points to cruise to the win and the boys won by 19 points over Ashland. Geniesha Montgomery and Ivory Montgomery led the Lady Hawks domination with three firsts. Geniesha won the […]
West Union rebounds to take 2-1A softball title with perfect record ENTERPRISE – West Union has returned to take the top spot in Division 2-1A fast pitch softball as the Lady Eagles swept always tough county rival Myrtle on Thursday with a convincing 10-2 win. The Lady Eagles also capped a perfect run through division […]
TUPELO – East Union and Myrtle went head-to-head in the 1A-3A small school division at the Daily Journal Relays and the teams finished 1-2 overall with the Lady Urchins taking the win. East Union had a total of 169 points and Myrtle finished with 137.50. Katie Rowan won three events for the second consecutive year […]
East Union, Myrtle take first in Tri-County Meet East Union boys and Myrtle girls took wins in the first-ever Tri-County track meet at Byhalia on Saturday. East Union took first place in seven events with Jordon Salmon leading the Urchins with his first place finishes in the 800 and 1600 meter runs. Salmon had winning […]
INGOMAR – Myrtle’s 16 hits did a lot of damage on Monday as the Lady Hawks took a 15-5 win over Ingomar in non-division play. For Myrtle head coach Marty Cook, that offensive output and strong defensive play is the result of a grueling opening schedule that has the Hawks carrying a 2-6 record. “We […]
VARDAMAN – A hard fought three quarters turned into an offensive run in the fourth for Vardaman, as the Lady Rams (23-8) knocked off Myrtle (21-14) in Class 1A playoff competition. In a game where the lead was never larger than seven points, Shylysses Rimmer busted two back-to-back three-pointers. One of them signaled the final […]
Both Myrtle squads snagged a win in the first round of the Class 1A playoffs this week. On Monday, the Lady Hawks defeated Tupelo Christian in a 64-46 final, while the Hawks topped Wheeler 67-53 on Tuesday. (G) Myrtle 64, TCPS 46 Jessica Floyd’s 22 points topped the night for both teams and the Lady […]
- Blood donations urgently needed in the final weeks of summer August 23, 2016
- Local resident report being victim of jury duty scam August 25, 2016
- Tanglefoot Trail good, but needs more signs August 25, 2016
- Ellistown Breezes August 25, 2016
- Eastern Lights August 25, 2016
- Friday Night Lights: Deep ball upends Bulldogs August 26, 2016
- Urchins tame the Lions in shutout win August 25, 2016
- Easy riding ahead August 25, 2016
- County schools still among top in state August 25, 2016
- Rickey Scaggs to headline Tallahatchie RiverFest in Oct. August 25, 2016
- Seth Vincent Flake: New Albany and the people behind the scenes are do...
- Jeremy Cable: They also need to allow for a more eclectic musica...
- Darren Byles: Better yet, why aren't they punished for not foll...
- Darren Byles: "According to Strawn, Union County schools receiv...
- Lego MiniFaulkner: Also worth a look: http://www.knightsgambitvineyar...