Kaitlyn Cavender signed with Blue Mountain softball on Tuesday and the longtime starter for New Albany hopes to make a contribution to the team while also furthering her education in her next step at the four year college. “The education side of the program really sparked my attention because I really didn’t know if they […]
Tag Archives | New Albany High School
Itawamba opened the second game of the 2016 season with a statement. Senior quarterback Austin King hit receiver Caleb Whittle for a 68 yard touchdown pass on the first snap of the ball, and the Indians went up 7-0 on the Bulldogs en route to a 21-7 win. Both teams racked up over a 100 […]
NEW ALBANY – One pass made all the difference. The Bulldogs 7-0 win over Bruce in the season opener came in the first quarter as quarterback Sam McMillin hit senior wide receiver Sam Cagle with a touchdown pass. “It was all we needed,” McMillin said, “It was enough.” Following that score, the two offenses entered into […]
Joint effort hopes to boost youth soccer program New Albany Park and Recreation Youth Soccer will team with New Albany High School Soccer in a combined effort to revitalize the youth soccer program. Andy Johnson, New Albany Youth Soccer Commissioner has been working with New Albany High School soccer coaches Bert Anderson and Caryl Vogel […]
This is the time of year that many high school athletes and their families take a hard look at the pros and cons of whether it is best to play multiple sports or if one should specialize by concentrating on one sport. For your information, I am a solid advocate for playing multiple sports and […]
SALTILLO – New Albany boys finished second in the Saltillo 7v7 soccer tournament on Saturday, falling to Amory 5-0 in the championship match. The Bulldogs went 1-1-2 for the tournament. New Albany opened up the tournament by battling to a 1-1 draw with South Pontotoc as Joseph Rainey scored the lone goal for the Bulldogs. […]
Bulldogs enjoy successful day at ICC tournament FULTON – New Albany enjoyed a successful day of competition in the ICC 7V7 soccer tournament on Wednesday as the Bulldogs finished the day with a 3-0-2 record and placed second in their pool. New Albany also won the consolation game between second place finishers in the respective […]
OXFORD – For the fifth consecutive year, the Bulldogs brought home a state title. New Albany defeated Newton County 6-1 for the Class 4A tennis championship, in seven matches that could have gone either way through the opening sets. “I think just the excitement of the day, it made it a bit closer of a […]
OXFORD – New Albany closed out the 2016 tennis season with a few more titles. Seven members of the Bulldogs team finished the season as state champions after the three-day Class 4A Individual Tournament in Oxford. “It’s been a great week,” Bulldogs head coach Suzy Bowman said, “Just a storybook ending for all my seniors, they […]
Several local track athletes punched their tickets for the MHSAA State Track and Field Championships to be held in Pearl on May 6 and 7. Myrtle, East Union and Ingomar ran at Winona in their 1A and 2A competition that covered two days due to inclement weather. Myrtle competed in the 1A North and individual […]
- First-graders tour career and technical center October 25, 2016
- Secretary of State Delbert Hosemann to be guest speaker at Business-2-Business program Thursday October 25, 2016
- Grand jury hears near-record number of cases October 25, 2016
- ‘Sharing at Christmas’ sign-up under way but contributions not yet coming in October 25, 2016
- Yes, Haunted Forest has evil clowns October 25, 2016
- East Union vs Potts Camp Football Photos October 26, 2016
- Division Dominance October 26, 2016
- County officials extend burn ban October 25, 2016
- Section of Main Street closed for repairs October 25, 2016
- Pastor faces sex charges October 25, 2016
- Jim Hall: i'v read both of mr. coffeys' books, love them b...
- Seth Vincent Flake: New Albany and the people behind the scenes are do...
- Jeremy Cable: They also need to allow for a more eclectic musica...
- Darren Byles: Better yet, why aren't they punished for not foll...
- Darren Byles: "According to Strawn, Union County schools receiv...