(G) Pontotoc 45, New Albany 40 The Lady Bulldogs scoring leaders Tashonda Caviness and Jazzmine McWilliams were both one rebound shy of double-doubles as New Albany fell to Pontotoc. McWilliams led with 14 points and nine rebounds, followed by Caviness with 11 points and nine rebounds. The Lady Warriors carried a four point lead at […]
Tag Archives | New Albany High School
NEW ALBANY – The final day of New Albany’s Christmas Classic tournament saw a win for the hosting Bulldogs and a sweep for the Walnut Wildcats over West Union. (B) Walnut 53, West Union 50 A last second three-pointer lifted the Wildcats over West Union in the opening game of Thursday’s tournament slate. Both Austin […]
New Albany freshman Kalob Adair is one of a select few. The wide receiver has been tapped to participate in the Football University Freshman All-American bowl game on Jan. 7 in San Antonio, Texas as part of the week leading up to the Army All-American Bowl Game where some of the country’s biggest high school […]
Two months after completing his first season as the New Albany Bulldogs punter, Payton Snyder has been awarded one of the biggest honors given to a high school football player. Snyder was named to the Class 4A All-State team, selected for punting duties on the defensive side of the ball. “This is an amazing honor […]
New Albany opened their season on the road on Saturday at Saltillo and earned a split in matches as the Bulldogs took a 6-2 win while the Lady Bulldogs lost 3-1. The Bulldogs took a 4-1 advantage at the half to propel them to the win. Payton Snyder recorded two goals to lead New Albany […]
Kaitlyn Cavender signed with Blue Mountain softball on Tuesday and the longtime starter for New Albany hopes to make a contribution to the team while also furthering her education in her next step at the four year college. “The education side of the program really sparked my attention because I really didn’t know if they […]
Itawamba opened the second game of the 2016 season with a statement. Senior quarterback Austin King hit receiver Caleb Whittle for a 68 yard touchdown pass on the first snap of the ball, and the Indians went up 7-0 on the Bulldogs en route to a 21-7 win. Both teams racked up over a 100 […]
NEW ALBANY – One pass made all the difference. The Bulldogs 7-0 win over Bruce in the season opener came in the first quarter as quarterback Sam McMillin hit senior wide receiver Sam Cagle with a touchdown pass. “It was all we needed,” McMillin said, “It was enough.” Following that score, the two offenses entered into […]
Joint effort hopes to boost youth soccer program New Albany Park and Recreation Youth Soccer will team with New Albany High School Soccer in a combined effort to revitalize the youth soccer program. Andy Johnson, New Albany Youth Soccer Commissioner has been working with New Albany High School soccer coaches Bert Anderson and Caryl Vogel […]
This is the time of year that many high school athletes and their families take a hard look at the pros and cons of whether it is best to play multiple sports or if one should specialize by concentrating on one sport. For your information, I am a solid advocate for playing multiple sports and […]
- Division Dominance January 17, 2017
- Museum to have program on Mississippi quotations Thursday January 18, 2017
- County unemployment remains among state’s lowest at 4 percent January 18, 2017
- ‘Miracle’ continues to benefit police January 18, 2017
- King program promotes unity for all January 18, 2017
- Lady Urchin Power January 21, 2017
- Back in Business: New Albany rejoining Union County Tournament in 2018 January 20, 2017
- Playoff bound January 20, 2017
- Speller Owen Cotton wins ‘olympian’ victory January 19, 2017
- New candidate enters Ward One race January 19, 2017
- tea party animal: A "closer look," with Your Home Missionary. ♫ ...
- Kaylyn Havrilla McClinton: I realize this comment was posted over two weeks a...
- Myke Britt: Someone asked "what has happened to our country"...
- Nonie: Margaret Gwendolyn Roberts McCraw - My Aunt Margar...
- Caleb Frederick: This is a great idea!...