Lady Urchins and Eagles win in tournament action ENTERPRISE – It was a matchup of east vs west at the West Union Round Robin Tournament on Friday night as East Union squared off with county rival West Union in the final two games of the night. The teams divided wins as East Union won the […]
Tag Archives | West Union Eagles
West Union sweeps series and advance to second round ENTERPRISE – Ryder Willard put on a pitching clinic on Saturday as he threw a one hitter and struck out 14 batters in a dominating performance on the mound. Willard also helped his cause with a single and two RBIs. “I told them before the game […]
Conlee named Player of the Year in Division 2-1A Gracen Conlee of West Union was named girls Player of the Year for the 2015-2016 basketball season in Division 2-1A. Matt Thompson of West Union was named Coach of the Year for girls basket. Conlee, a senior, has been a starter for the Lady Eagles for […]
MYRTLE – It came down to opportunities, Myrtle capitalized on their big opportunity and West Union didn’t as the Hawks took the Division 2-1A win 3-0 and secured second place while dropping the Eagles to third. Myrtle scored all their runs in the fifth inning with the final run coming on Anthony Lipsey’s steal of […]
West Union started slow, but finished strong as they scored nine runs in the fourth and fifth innings to defeat Blue Mountain 13-3 on in Division 2-1A baseball. The Eagles collected 11 hits and were led by Cole Phillips, Ryder Willard and Reed Schiele in the multiple hits department. Caleb Jennings had the lone extra-base […]
ENTERPRISE – West Union took the early lead after an inning of play and continued to cling to a narrow lead until the fateful sixth inning as Pine Grove rallied for six runs to take the lead and gain control of the game. The Panthers scored eight runs over the final two innings and won […]
ENTERPRISE – Ingomar scored early and often on Saturday, earning a shutout of West Union in a 9-0 decision. Braxton Dowdy earned the win on the mound, pitching for three complete innings and two strikeouts before being replaced by Easton Williams. Williams also tossed for three innings, giving up two hits, before Zack Koon stepped […]
Saturday brought a pair of wins for East Union as the Lady Urchins defeated West Union in an 11-5 final and topped Vardaman 12-2. East Union 11, West Union 5 Callie Frazier grabbed the win on the mound for the Lady Urchins in the first game of the day. East Union opened the top of […]
JACKSON – Bogue Chitto did what they wanted when they wanted. The Lady Bobcats controlled possession time, won the battle on turnovers and rebounds, and used their speed to dominate West Union in a 43-23 final during the Class 1A state tournament quarterfinals. “We obviously didn’t have it today,” West Union coach Matt Thompson said, […]
MYRTLE – Without their leading scorer on the floor, West Union’s Lady Eagles used defensive pressure to grab their win on Monday. The Eagles earned a 46-35 win over Jumpertown in the opening round of the Class 1A playoffs, with Marley Long and Kylie Massengill providing the offensive spark that West Union needed. “I just get […]
- Eastern Lights December 1, 2016
- The Playhouse December 6, 2016
- Governor lifts burn ban December 6, 2016
- Deadline for letters to Santa is Friday, Dec. 9 December 6, 2016
- Center Hill Baptist Church news December 6, 2016
- Scenes from Myrtle’s Christmas parade December 6, 2016
- City sets new Christmas parade date for next Tuesday December 6, 2016
- Main Street Association sponsors Christmas tree lighting ceremony in Cooper Park December 6, 2016
- County supervisors hire three employees, discuss potential logging problems December 6, 2016
- MEC’s Mississippi Connection tour visiting here Wednesday December 6, 2016
- Kaylyn Havrilla McClinton: I realize this comment was posted over two weeks a...
- Myke Britt: Someone asked "what has happened to our country"...
- Nonie: Margaret Gwendolyn Roberts McCraw - My Aunt Margar...
- Caleb Frederick: This is a great idea!...
- jonathan makeley: Jim Hedges 2016 If you are interested in joining t...
Subscribe to Blog via Email
- Scenes from Myrtle’s Christmas parade
- City sets new Christmas parade date for next Tuesday
- Main Street Association sponsors Christmas tree lighting ceremony in Cooper Park
- County supervisors hire three employees, discuss potential logging problems
- MEC’s Mississippi Connection tour visiting here Wednesday