Bailey Bogue signed with Blue Mountain College softball on Wednesday, continuing her playing career with the four year program there. “It’s very exciting, softball has been a very big part of my life and my family,” Bogue said. “My mom coached me for close to 10 years so the sports means a lot to us […]
Tag Archives | West Union Lady Eagles
BOONEVILLE – Brittany Taylor, a 2014 graduate of West Union High School, signed with Delta State University softball on Wednesday, continuing her softball career after playing the past two seasons at Northeast Mississippi Community College. “I’m super excited, it’s always been like a dream to get to play college ball and I got to play […]
WHEELER – West Union only needed five innings and about an hour to shutout Wheeler 13-0 in their game one opener in 1A softball on Tuesday. Annie Orman was solid on the mound, facing the five inning minimum of 15 batters, allowing two hits while striking out seven with no walks,only facing three batters each […]
Conlee named Player of the Year in Division 2-1A Gracen Conlee of West Union was named girls Player of the Year for the 2015-2016 basketball season in Division 2-1A. Matt Thompson of West Union was named Coach of the Year for girls basket. Conlee, a senior, has been a starter for the Lady Eagles for […]
West Union rebounds to take 2-1A softball title with perfect record ENTERPRISE – West Union has returned to take the top spot in Division 2-1A fast pitch softball as the Lady Eagles swept always tough county rival Myrtle on Thursday with a convincing 10-2 win. The Lady Eagles also capped a perfect run through division […]
Annie Orman starred on the mound and at the plate in West Union’s 10-2 win over Pine Grove on Tuesday. Orman was the winning pitcher, allowing only two runs on six hits and was a home run shy of hitting for the cycle with her three hits to lead the Lady Eagles.Hailey Steen also had […]
Annie Orman limited Independence to two runs on the mound and Ashley Hatton drove in three runs as the duo led West Union to a 5-2 win over 3A Independence on Monday. “It was a good win and we needed that win,” West Union coach Hugh Yates said. “We had lost several and they’re (Independence) […]
JACKSON – Bogue Chitto did what they wanted when they wanted. The Lady Bobcats controlled possession time, won the battle on turnovers and rebounds, and used their speed to dominate West Union in a 43-23 final during the Class 1A state tournament quarterfinals. “We obviously didn’t have it today,” West Union coach Matt Thompson said, […]
Melissa Meador Monroe County Journal MYRTLE – West Union coach Matt Thompson has seen Marley Long step up in a big way. Long scored 25 points Friday night to lead the Lady Eagles to a 54-38 win over Hamilton to seal a spot in this Friday’s Class 1A girls quarterfinal. “She’s stepped up into a […]
MYRTLE – Without their leading scorer on the floor, West Union’s Lady Eagles used defensive pressure to grab their win on Monday. The Eagles earned a 46-35 win over Jumpertown in the opening round of the Class 1A playoffs, with Marley Long and Kylie Massengill providing the offensive spark that West Union needed. “I just get […]
- New Legion Auxiliary officers July 27, 2016
- The Playhouse July 28, 2016
- Eastern Lights July 28, 2016
- Ellistown Breezes July 28, 2016
- Cora Sanders turns 98 July 28, 2016
- Youth production to ‘dazzle’ audience this weekend with selections from Disney markings. July 28, 2016
- Martintown bridge complete, road open again July 28, 2016
- There is much we didn’t know about millionaire Paul Rainey July 28, 2016
- Young Valley to bring ‘alt-country’ sound to weekend concert series July 28, 2016
- ‘Paid in Full’ to give 25th anniversary concert July 28, 2016
- Miranda Mora: my boss was needing CMS-40B earlier today and saw ...
- BRYNN11SCHMIDT: my family was looking for CMS-40B earlier today an...
- janifar soloman: Our experts know all the perfect way to solve your...
- GerryGorel820: I totally agree with the all questions you raised....
- PHYLLIS OPPERMAN: Savvy suggestions , I Appreciate the facts - Does ...
Subscribe to Blog via Email
- Youth production to ‘dazzle’ audience this weekend with selections from Disney markings.
- Martintown bridge complete, road open again
- There is much we didn’t know about millionaire Paul Rainey
- Young Valley to bring ‘alt-country’ sound to weekend concert series
- ‘Paid in Full’ to give 25th anniversary concert