MYRTLE – West Union sprinted out to an early 7-0 lead after half an inning and hung on to defeat Myrtle 9-4 in Division 2-1A softball on Monday. The Lady Eagles sent 12 batters to the plate while pounding out four hits and taking advantage of Myrtle errors and a couple of walks to go […]
Tag Archives | West Union Softball
ENTERPRISE – West Union rode the bats of the bottom half of their order in the 9-4 Division 2-1A win over county rival Myrtle on Thursday. Seven of the nine runs were driven in by the bottom half of the Lady Eagle lineup. “The bottom half of the order hit the ball when we needed […]
Walk-off homer lifts Lady Falcons over East Union for 2016 title INGOMAR – Ingomar and East met for the Union County Slowpitch Championship in the day’s final game and the Lady Falcons won 9-8 in the bottom of the seventh on Lauren Thompson’s walkoff home run with no outs. Ingomar had earlier tied the game […]
Bailey Bogue signed with Blue Mountain College softball on Wednesday, continuing her playing career with the four year program there. “It’s very exciting, softball has been a very big part of my life and my family,” Bogue said. “My mom coached me for close to 10 years so the sports means a lot to us […]
BOONEVILLE – Brittany Taylor, a 2014 graduate of West Union High School, signed with Delta State University softball on Wednesday, continuing her softball career after playing the past two seasons at Northeast Mississippi Community College. “I’m super excited, it’s always been like a dream to get to play college ball and I got to play […]
WHEELER – West Union only needed five innings and about an hour to shutout Wheeler 13-0 in their game one opener in 1A softball on Tuesday. Annie Orman was solid on the mound, facing the five inning minimum of 15 batters, allowing two hits while striking out seven with no walks,only facing three batters each […]
West Union rebounds to take 2-1A softball title with perfect record ENTERPRISE – West Union has returned to take the top spot in Division 2-1A fast pitch softball as the Lady Eagles swept always tough county rival Myrtle on Thursday with a convincing 10-2 win. The Lady Eagles also capped a perfect run through division […]
Annie Orman starred on the mound and at the plate in West Union’s 10-2 win over Pine Grove on Tuesday. Orman was the winning pitcher, allowing only two runs on six hits and was a home run shy of hitting for the cycle with her three hits to lead the Lady Eagles.Hailey Steen also had […]
Saturday brought a pair of wins for East Union as the Lady Urchins defeated West Union in an 11-5 final and topped Vardaman 12-2. East Union 11, West Union 5 Callie Frazier grabbed the win on the mound for the Lady Urchins in the first game of the day. East Union opened the top of […]
Annie Orman limited Independence to two runs on the mound and Ashley Hatton drove in three runs as the duo led West Union to a 5-2 win over 3A Independence on Monday. “It was a good win and we needed that win,” West Union coach Hugh Yates said. “We had lost several and they’re (Independence) […]
- Watkins is DAISY nursing award winner November 29, 2016
- Myrtle Christmas parade will be Friday night November 29, 2016
- Community holiday meal expected to feed 1,200 Dec. 17 November 29, 2016
- Eastern Lights December 1, 2016
- New Albany Garden Club December 1, 2016
- Chamberlin loses county but wins election December 1, 2016
- Finally, no flooding December 1, 2016
- Myrtle Tree of Hope to add local children December 1, 2016
- Library program offers book gift idea for the holidays December 1, 2016
- NA Christmas parade may still be in the works December 1, 2016
- Myke Britt: Someone asked "what has happened to our country"...
- Nonie: Margaret Gwendolyn Roberts McCraw - My Aunt Margar...
- Caleb Frederick: This is a great idea!...
- jonathan makeley: Jim Hedges 2016 If you are interested in joining t...
- Jim Hall: i'v read both of mr. coffeys' books, love them b...