About 70 million Americans participate in a regular walking program.
Here, from various health sources, are some benefits of walking:
– Improves aerobic fitness
– Reduces excess body fat
– Reduces risk of cardiovascular disease
– Lowers risk of osteoporosis
– Decreases stress and depression, increases self-image and feeling of well-being
– Has a low rate of injury compared to other exercises
– It’s easy to do, no steps to learn. Just do what is natural.
– Is economical. All you need is a good pair of shoes.
– And it’s convenient. Just step out your front door and head down the road. Or, visit your local public track. If the weather is bad, head for the mall or your favorite health club.