By Lena Mitchell/NEMS Daily Journal Corinth Bureau
CORINTH – Alcorn County supervisors on Monday finalized appointment of five members to the Corinth Area Convention and Visitors Bureau/tourism council board of directors.
The designee for the county-appointed seat is a county employee, and it must be determined if a county employee can hold the position.
The five board members jointly appointed by the city of Corinth and county were approved during a special Corinth board meeting on Jan. 4, and the county affirmed those appointments Monday. They are:
• Luke Doehner of General’s Quarters Inn, term ends October 2016
• Russell Smith of Russell’s Beef House, term ends October 2016
• Danny Timmons of Little Foods, term ends October 2014
• Pauline Sorrell of CB&S Bank, term ends October 2013
• Billy Taylor of Taylor’s Fish and Steak, term ends October 2013
• City appointee Laura Alford, term ends October 2016
The nominee for the county appointment to the tourism board is Sandy Mitchell, an employee of the Alcorn County Natural Resource Conservation Service.
District 4 Supervisor Gary Ross questioned whether a county employee is eligible for the appointment, but she was confirmed pending clarification of the question by board attorney Bill Davis, and her term would expire October 2015.