Backyard explosion injures Mooreville man

By NEMS Daily Journal

MOOREVILLE – A Mooreville man was airlifted to a Memphis hospital after the trash he was burning in his backyard exploded.
The man was burning trash, including aerosol cans, in his backyard on County Road 1551 on Sunday afternoon. The cans exploded, causing second and third-degree burns on the man’s arms and head, said Mooreville Fire Chief Ron Witte. He is expected to recover.
The man’s name was not released.

Click video to hear audio