By NEMS Daily Journal
Don’t expect a little thing like a murder to sto the fun in Tupelo High’s production of ‘Lucky Stiff.’ The musical will be staged at &;3) p.m. today to Saturday at the Ruth Liveakos Auditorium of THS Performing Arts Center. Tickets are $5. Call (662) 840-1841.
Atkins to sign copies of his book, ‘Infamous’
– Oxford author Ace Atkins will sign copies of “Infamous” on Friday.
From noon to 1:30 p.m., he’ll be at Reed’s Gum Tree Bookstore in Tupelo. Call (662) 844-1355.
High school filmmakers will compete in festival
– High school students from throughout the state will compete in the Mississippi High School Film Competition.
The free event will be 1:30 p.m. Saturday at Link Centre’s Black Box Theatre. Call (662) 841-6521.
Dance club will hold a free street dance
– The Tupelo Ballroom Dance Club has a free street dance lined up, and you’re invited.
From 7 to 10 p.m. Saturday, group members will dance on Spring Street, between Main and Court streets. Dress is casual. Call (662) 401-0448.
Jazz band will perform at Link Centre on Saturday
– The Conference Call jazz band will perform at 7:30 p.m. Saturday at Link Centre Concert Hall.
Tickets are $10/adults and $5/students. Call (662) 690-4011, or visit link-centre.org.
Everyone’s invited to 2010 StoryFest Friday
– The 2010 Double Decker StoryFest will be 7 p.m. Friday in the Tupelo Room of the University of Mississippi’s Barnard Observatory.
Doris Jones will be the featured storyteller. The free event will include members of the North Mississippi Storytellers, as well as poets and musicians.
Some also will perform on Saturday at the Double Decker Festival’s Square Fair. Call (662) 234-0550.
CT-A to take audiences on trip to ‘Dogpatch’
– Corinth Theatre-Arts will stage “Li’l Abner” at 7:30 p.m. Friday and Saturday and 2 p.m. Sunday at Crossroads Playhouse.
Tickets are $10/adults and $5/students. Reservations are recommended. Call (662) 287-2995.