ON THE AGENDA
MAKE A NOTE OF IT
Events and seminars scheduled
for the coming weeks.
Crossroads Connection features TVA speaker
CORINTH – The Crossroads Museum’s August Crossroads Connection luncheon is Wednesday from 11:30 a.m. until 1 p.m. at the Weaver Center inside Refreshments on Linden Street.
The speaker is Tim Weston from the Tennessee Valley Authority.
The price for the buffet luncheon is $10, which goes toward the museum’s education program. Door prizes and community announcements also are featured.
The event is sponsored by Cellular South.
Call 287-3120 for more details.
MEC Trailblazer Tour has several area stops
n The 2006 Mississippi Economic Council Trailblazer Tour will stop in 25 communities, beginning this month. The topic is workforce training and education. Guest speakers include Hank Bounds, state superintendent of the Mississippi Department of Education; Tom Meredith, commissioner of higher education, and Wayne Stonecypher, executive director of the Mississippi Board for Community and Junior Colleges.
The meetings are free, but registration is required.
Stops, times and location in Northeast Mississippi are:
- Oxford, Aug. 23 7:30 to 9 a.m., Oxford Convention Center
- Starkville, Oct. 3, 3:30 to 5 p.m., CAVS
- Amory, Nov. 28, 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m., Community Bank
- Tupelo, Nov. 29, 7:30 to 9 a.m., The Summit Conference Center
- Fulton, Nov. 29, 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m., Itawamba Community College
- Booneville, Nov. 29, 3:30 to 5 p.m., Northeast Miss. Community College
- Corinth, Nov. 30, 7:30 to 9 a.m., Refreshments Inc.
For additional information, contact Cathy Northington at (800) 748-7626, Ext. 209 or email@example.com.
Daily Journal reports