– Hassell Franklin, founder and CEO of Franklin Corp., the largest privately owned furniture company in Mississippi, recently received the American Home Furnishings Alliance’s Distinguished Service Award.
Franklin began his career in the 1960s. He earned a degree in industrial management from Mississippi State University in 1959. He started his company in 1970 with 32 employees.
Franklin Corp. now employs about 1,300 employees at its 1.1 million-square-foot facility in Houston. The company is the nation’s third-largest producer of reclining chairs.
– Dr. Will Jennings recently began his family medicine residency at the North Mississippi Medical Center Family Medicine Residency Center in Tupelo. He is a native of Indianola.
Jennings graduated from Delta State University with a bachelor’s degree in general studies, majoring in biology, chemistry, exercise physiology, business and mathematics. He received his medical training from the University of Mississippi School of Medicine.
– Melissa Dill was chosen as Franklin Collection Inc.’s employee of the month for December. She has has been employed with the company for 16 years and is an accounts receivable clerk.
– Renasant has made the following promotions:
– Stacy Spearman to senior vice president and director of Renasant Financial Services.
He joined Renasant’s retail investment division in 2000. He also is a certified financial adviser.
Spearman received his bachelor’s degree in banking and finance from the University of Mississippi. He also is a graduate of the College for Financial Planning in Boulder, Colo., and attended the Southeastern School of Commercial Lending at Vanderbilt University.
– Carrie Wood to vice president and financial services adviser for Renasant Financial Services.
Before joining Renasant, Wood worked for another financial institution and has more than 18 years of banking and investment experience.
She received a bachelor’s degree in biology from the University of Mississippi. She holds Series 7, Series 66 and Life licenses and is an accredited asset management specialist.
– Derick Young to treasury management operations officer.
He has been with Renasant since 2004, serving in the call center and treasury management operations areas.
Young received a bachelor’s degree in marketing from the University of Mississippi.
– Jerri Laney to human resources officer.
She has been with the Renasant since 2007. Before joining human resources, Laney worked in Renasant’s mortgage, leasing, loan recovery and audit departments. Laney received a bachelor’s degree in accounting from Mississippi State University.
NEMS Daily Journal