– Thomas W. Grimes, project engineer at Hunter Douglas, has successfully completed the University of Alabama’s Project Management Certificate Program.
Grimes received his certificate of completion last month from the university’s College of Continuing Studies.
– Jack F. Dunbar has been awarded the Distinguished Service Award by the Lafayette County Bar Association
Dunbar has practiced law for 52 years. He has been selected for inclusion in “The Best Lawyers in America” from the publication’s start 26 years ago.
He practices law with the Holcomb Dunbar law firm in Oxford.
– Ronnie Good has joined Cadence Bank in Columbus as a retail investment officer.
Good will serve the Columbus, Hamilton, Aberdeen and Amory markets.
Before joining Cadence, Good served as a financial adviser with an investment securities firm and a financial consultant and adviser with a national investment company.
He is a graduate of the University of Mississippi.
– Dwight Hardison has joined leather upholstery company Leather Italia USA as vice president of sales and national accounts.
Hardison, a former executive at Lane Home Furnishings, BenchCraft, Berkline and J Miles Furniture, will oversee Leather Italia’s sales force.
– Hill Country Landscaping of Oxford has won a 2009 Merit Award for the landscape installation at St. John the Evangelist Catholic Church.
The award was sponsored by the Mississippi Chapter of the Associated Builders and Contractors. The 23rd Annual Construction Industry Merit Awards competition was judged by the Mississippi State University School of Architecture
The St. John project included an irrigation system, turf and plant materials, plus site furnishings.
Hill Country Landscaping is owned by Matthew R. Copp, a licensed landscape architect.
– North Mississippi Medical Center staff recently honored Dr. Louis Rosa III as the Acute Rehabilitation Physician of the Year 2009.
Rosa is a neurosurgeon with North Mississippi Neurosurgical Services P.A.
He received his medical training at Georgetown University School of Medicine. Following a surgical internship at the National Naval Medical Center in Bethesda, Md., Rosa returned to Georgetown University School of Medicine for his neurosurgery residency.
He was a senior investigator and staff neurosurgeon in the Surgical Neurology Branch at the National Institutes of Health.
Have you been honored, promoted or received special recognition? Or has your company hired someone or received an award? If so, send the information to business editor Dennis Seid at (662) 678-1578 or e-mail him at email@example.com.
NEMS Daily Journal