– Kathy Bailey of Crye-Leike Realtors in Tupelo has been awarded the Seniors Real Estate Specialist designation by the Seniors Real Estate Specialist Council of the National Association of Realtors.
Bailey joins more than 16,000 real estate professionals in North America who have earned the SRES designation, which requires successful completion of a comprehensive course in understanding the needs, considerations and goals of real estate buyers and sellers 55 and older.
– Greg Pegues of Pegues Funeral Home in Tupelo has been elected president of the Mississippi Funeral Directors Association.
Also, Billy Curl of Lee Memorial Funeral Home in Verona was elected district governor of the northern district of the MFDA.
- Jessica Fowler has been named Franklin Collection Service Inc.’s employee of the month for September.
She has been employed at Franklin for a year and is a member of the I.S. Department.
- Judy Herring, who has worked the past 25 years in the obstetrics/gynecology department at Women’s Hospital, was named employee of the month for August at North Mississippi Medical Center.
The Smithville resident received her nurse training at Itawamba Community College. She finished her LPN training in 1981 and received CLPN training in 1992.
Herring recently transferred to the Amory branch of NMMC’s Home Health Agency.
– Ken Parkinson has joined Hardy Reed Capital Advisors LLC as director of retirement plan services.
A native of Georgia, Parkinson is a graduate of Berry College in Rome, Ga., with a double major in economics and psychology. He is an Investment Advisory Representative and holds the Professional Plan Consultant and Accredited Investment Fiduciary Analyst designations.
Before joining Hardy Reed, Parkinson was a 14-year veteran with one of the country’s largest retirement planning firms. He has served corporations, healthcare, governmental and university employers in Tennessee, Mississippi, and Georgia.
Have you been honored, promoted or received special recognition? Or has your company hired someone or received an award? If so, send the information to business editor Dennis Seid at (662) 678-1578 or e-mail him at email@example.com
NEMS Daily Journal