It’s the day before Christmas, but after the presents are unwrapped on Christmas Day, there will be sitings of undecorated evergreens curbside.
For those who will be taking down their Christmas trees – soon or later – the Tupelo Public Works Department will provide the following Christmas tree drop off sites through the month of January 2014:
• Theron Nichols Park – off Mitchell Road
• Hancock Park – off Ida Street
• Ballard Park – off Rutherford Road (site located across from Parkway School)
• Commerce Street – Compost recycle yard
• Veterans Park – off Veterans Boulevard (site located past Pasley & Mansell Fields)
The city of Tupelo in partnership with the Corp of Engineers recycles the trees by using them to create fish habitats in various locations throughout the state.
For additional information, contact David Knight with Tupelo Public Works at (662) 841-6457.