By Carlie Kollath/NEMS Daily Journal
Want to have fun and feel a little smarter when you’re done? Try the self-guided architectural tour of historic Corinth.
The Corinth Area Convention and Visitors Bureau has free tour guides at its downtown office (215 N. Fillmore St.), plus they are at the state’s welcome center off of Highway 45.
The tour can be walked, driven or biked. It has more than 50 stops. The downtown business owners are used to visitors, so feel free to poke around and ask questions.
– Compiled by Carlie Kollath
Photographs by C. Todd Sherman
WHERE TO EAT
You can easily spend a day doing the tour and checking out the shops. Some food recommendations:
• Borroum’s Drug Store (604 Waldron St.): old-fashioned soda fountain and sandwich counter.
• Pizza Grocery (800 Cruise St.): soups, salads, pizza, pasta and calzones.
• Martha’s Menu (202 Taylor St.): Southern-style food for breakfast, lunch and dinner.
• KC’s Espresso Shop (415 North Fillmore St.): coffee shop and bakery.
• Lime Island Chill (214 North Fillmore St.): frozen yogurt and Caribbean-style food.
Go to Corinth.net for more ideas about your trip.
Read today’s NEMS Daily Journal for more photos of places to visit in Corinth.