TUPELO – Downtown Tupelo has a full slate of activities today, including a downtown summer picnic with free food.
Nine merchants will have free summer-themed food and treats from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. Many of the merchants have a sale or a special today, as well.
The participating merchants include
– Beauty Motif, 337 E. Main Street Suite A-1 Main St.: Moonpies & RC Cola
– Kirksey Brothers Furniture, 308 S. Spring St.: Pimento cheese sandwiches
– Ladybug’s, 109 N. Spring St.: Hot dogs
– MLM Clothiers, 108 S. Spring St.: Homemade tomato sandwiches
– Monogram It, 111 E. Troy St.: Snow cones
– Omi Boutique, 206 W. Main St.: Fresh fruit
– Reed’s, 131 W. Main St.: Watermelon
– Swirlz, 209 Court St.: Star-spangled treats
– The Main Attraction, 214 W. Main St.: Fresh-squeezed lemonade
At 6:30 p.m., the Down on Main concert series starts its 2010 season. Also, the Tupelo Children’s Farmers Market will be downtown at 6 p.m. on South Spring Street. Volunteers will teach children how to make “plant people” during the free event.
The regular farmers market is this morning, starting at 6.
Carlie Kollath/NEMS Daily Journal