By Carlie Kollath/NEMS Daily Journal
TUPELO – Downtown Tupelo’s schedule of events is filling up quickly.
The association’s board on Tuesday announced the dates and details for the major events for the rest of the year. Many of the activities are free.
• Tickets for Hops & Stops go on sale Monday at various downtown retailers. Tickets are $20 in advance and entitle the ticketholder at least 14 beer samples and food pairings, plus a commemorative glass. The event is Nov. 3 and sold out last year. Call Main Street for ticket information: (662) 841-6598.
• Main Street kicks off its “Keeping Up Appearances” design series Tuesday at 5 p.m. The event, which is geared at teaching about good building design and storefronts, is free and is open to any business owner in Tupelo. The other sessions are Oct. 25 and Nov. 8. All the seminars are at the GumTree Museum of Art.
• The Chili Fest is Oct. 13 on Broadway Street between Main and Troy streets. Lunch is $5 from 11 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. Dinner is $10 and is from 5 p.m. to 10 p.m. Kids 12 and under are $5.
• Downtown retailers are hosting the annual trick or treat event Oct. 27. The Halloween carnival is the same night from 5 p.m. to 8 p.m. in Fairpark. A portion of Main Street will close during the carnival.
• Race for the Cure starts at 8 a.m. Oct. 29 at the Tupelo Convention & Visitors Bureau. The race ends in Fairpark.
• Renasant Bank and C Spire are hosting Pigskins in the Park on Oct. 29. The second annual event lets Mississippi State University and Ole Miss fans tailgate in Fairpark for the games. Beverage proceeds benefit the Main Street Association.
• Main Street hosts its annual meeting Nov. 1 at 7 a.m. at the BancorpSouth Conference Center.
• The downtown retailers host their holiday open house, the North Pole Stroll, Dec. 1 at 5 p.m.
• Reed’s Tupelo Christmas parade is Dec. 3 at 10 a.m.
OCT. 11: Design seminar
OCT. 13: Chili Fest
OCT. 25: Design seminar
Oct. 27: Downtown trick or treat and
Oct. 29: Race for the Cure
Oct. 29: Pigskins in the Park
Nov. 1: Downtown’s annual meeting
Nov. 3: Hops & Stops
Nov. 8: Design seminar
Dec. 1: North Pole Stroll
Dec. 3: Reed’s Tupelo Christmas parade
FOR MORE INFORMATION, call Main
Street at (662) 841-6598.