CATEGORY: Monroe County
– The Evans House was commissioned in 1901 by Ed Sides. The contractor was J.M. Clay, who also lived in the home for a time. It has seen several owners and numerous renovations. The current owners are Kim and Jim Oliver and their three children.
– The home, located on Sixth Avenue in Amory, is a two-story dwelling with nine rooms totaling about 3,500 square feet.
– Various Victorian-styled details can still be found in the home, from the wainscoting and other woodworking details to stained glass windows and panels. In the hallway on the second floor is a large brass ring under the window, which was used to help people escape in case of fire.
– The home is not open to the public.