By NEMS Daily Journal
Facts reveal Obama’s many major failures
With the November election near I think it is time to put aside the campaign rhetoric and look at the facts when deciding which candidates and parties to support.
* Average household income has declined by $4,520, or 8.2 percent , and the national average cost of gasoline has gone from $1.85 to $3.77, since Obama took office.
* Obama promised in 2008 to reduce health insurance premiums by $2,500 a year but they have gone up an average of $3,065.
* The true unemployment rate including those who have given up trying to find a job is about 19 percent.
* There are 46.2 million people including 16.4 million children living below the poverty line.
* The Democratic plan to address this situation is tax the rich, which just happens to be the people whose investments create jobs. It is estimated that this scheme will cost 710,000 more jobs and cause wages to drop.
* In less than four years our national debt has increased from $10.6 trillion to $16 trillion and our national credit rating has been downgraded.
* In a move to prop up the economy the FED announced it will be buying up to $40 billion a month of mortgage debt with new money which will just devalue the dollars in our pockets.
President Obama has said, “We tried our plan – and it worked.”
It worked if his plan was to wreck the economy, rob us of our freedom and independence and make us dependent on the government. Consider this advice from the wisest man that ever lived, Solomon, when you vote, “The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left.” – Ecclesiastes 10:2.
We have tried the leftist Democrats and it has been a disaster so vote wisely this time. America cannot survive another four years of the path we are on.
Raymond A. Settle
LETTERS POLICY: The Daily Journal welcomes letters from readers. Letters should be brief – not more than 350 words. Shorter letters are preferred. Letters must be signed, with the name, address and daytime telephone number of the writer. Anonymous letters will not be considered. Letters are subject to abridgment. Send letters to The Editor, Box 909, Tupelo, MS 38802-0909, fax to 842-2233 or email to email@example.com.