Fire causes evacuation at Shannon facility

By NEMS Daily Journal

SHANNON – Martinrea Fabco Inc. employees evacuated their Shannon facility around 10:30 a.m. Wednesday after the filtering system for the facility’s welding system caught fire.
David Homan, Lee County’s fire coordinator and a Shannon volunteer firefighter, said the fire was relatively small and extinguished fairly easily.
“We were there for about an hour,” he said. “But a lot of it was out when we got there. We stayed and ran the fans most of the time.”
Shannon firefighters ran exhaust fans to clear the filter system of smoke at the CDF Boulevard facility in Shannon.
Homan said the fire was contained to the metal box that houses the filtration system.

Click video to hear audio