By JB Clark/NEMS Daily Journal
MOOREVILLE – A fire claimed a Lake Piomingo home outside Tupelo Wednesday morning.
Mooreville Fire Chief Ron Witte said his department was dispatched, along with Union Volunteer Fire Department, at 9:40 a.m.
Vickie Roebuck was at home with her three dogs, Brittain, Halsey and Neighbey when she noticed smoke filling her home.
Roebuck said it was a grease fire that got out of hand.
“I tried to cover the flames with wet towels but it was too big so I had to get out,” she said.
She fled the house with the dogs into the cold morning air.
Tyler Gray, who also lives in the home, said he was at work when he got the phone call and came straight home.
Roebuck has lived in the Konihchusch Trail house for 28 years.
Unity and Mooreville volunteer firefighters had the flames knocked down by 10:45 but the house was totally destroyed.
“I’m going to build a house on my land in Pontotoc County and I’ll put everything in it but a stove,” Roebuck said.