TUPELO – A fire on the roof of Park Heights caused little damage Saturday night.
Fireman Capt. Jimmy Avery said two people were dining on the roof of the downtown restaurant when they saw fire coming from behind a potted plant just before 8 p.m.
The fire was started by a solar lamp that was inside the dry plant, according to Avery.
Aside from some of the siding on the wall being burned and some water damage in the nearby Bank of Oxford building, little damage was done.
Restaurant patrons did not have to be evacuated.
Video submitted by user spolley777 below …
NEMS Daily Journal