Fire on Stewart in Tupelo

By NEMS Daily Journal

TUPELO – No one was injured in an 801 Stewart Drive house fire in Tupelo Wednesday.
Tupelo Fire Chief Thomas Walker said family members were in the house when it caught on fire but were outside when the fire department arrived.
The fire appears to have started in the kitchen where the flames were mostly contained, according to Walker.
The upstairs sustained heavy smoke damage and there was water damage in the basement.
Walker said the call came at 11:56 a.m. and the engine companies were back in service by 1:15.
“It probably took 20 minutes to knock the fire down and then close to an hour checking for extensions and hot spots,” Walker said.

Click video to hear audio