Fire on Trace Ave. was ruled accidental

By Danza Johnson

Tupelo Fire Investigator Jason Cross said the Thursday morning house fire on Trace Avenue was an accident caused by human error.
The fire at 1507 Trace Avenue claimed the life of Michael Brown, who was visiting from South Haven, and sent his father Thomas Brown to be treated at the Burn Center in Brandon for smoke inhalation.
Thomas Brown remains in Brandon and is in intensive care, but Fire Chief Thomas Walker said a relative said he is doing better.
He suffered only a small coin sized burn on his forehead, but due to some respiratory problems he had to be treated for severe smoke inhalation.

Click video to hear audio