For more information on how you can join the recycling effort, contact:
– For a free guide to eliminating hazardous household waste you can write to Klean-Strip, Box 1879, Memphis, TN 38101. Ask for the “Environmental Considerate Disposal Guide.”
– For general information, write the Institute of Scrap Recycling Industries, Inc., Suite 1000, 1325 G Street, N. W., Washington, D.C. 20005-3104.
– For general information, write or call Keep America Beautiful, Mill River Plaza, 9 West Broad St., Stamford, CT 06902, (203) 323-8987.
– For the pamphlet, “The Garbage Problem,” write the Office of Solid Waste Management, Environmental Protection Agency, 401 M Street, S. W., Washington, D. C. 20460
– For information on glass recycling, write or call the Glass Packaging Institute, 1133 20th Street, NW, Suite 321, Washington, D. C. 20036, (202) 887-4850.
– For general information, write or call the Responsible Environmental Action Programs, 485 Madison Avenue, 4th Floor, New York, NY 10022, (212) 371-2200.
– For more information on the waste oil heaters, write Reznor, 1555 Lynnfield Rd. Memphis, Tenn. 38119.