More In Business
More In Lifestyle
More In Opinion
- OUR OPINION: Maintenance, bridges call for additional revenue
- ROD GUAJARDO: Innovative education reform is a reality for region
- BILL CRAWFORD: Authorities treat parents differently for hot car deaths
- Letters to the Editor: May 29, 2016
- OUR OPINION: Memorial Day calls citizens to times of somber reflection
TUPELO – The Mississippi Highway Patrol reported working four fatal car crashes during the Christmas enforcement period this year, one in Northeast Mississippi.
Highway Patrol Troopers in Troop F (Benton, Tippah, Alcorn, Tishomingo, Prentiss, Union, Pontotoc, Lee and Itawamba counties) reported working 11 collisions which resulted in one fatality and six injuries. None were alcohol related.
One DUI arrest was made and 22 seat belt violations were cited in Troop F.
The enforcement period began Monday and ended Thursday.
Click video to hear audio