More In News
More In Opinion
- OUR OPINION: Mississippi Public Education PAC new way to back schools
- BOBBY HARRISON: The full story of anti-gay marriage bill remains to be written
- MARTY RUSSELL: Still times when best to go postal
- OUR OPINION: Excel by 5 book plan strives for early learning
- CHARLIE MITCHELL: Hollow HB 1523 makes a sturdy stump for politics
More In Politics
Capitol View webcast: Fantasy sports and ‘demon chipmunks’
Armistead overcomes challenges to become painter, pastor, writer
Getting the scoop: Booneville student one of 10 Kid Reporters for TIME
Prep Rally webcast: Red Raiders looking for big things
Junior Police Academy introduces young men, women to law enforcement
VIDEO: Tupelo Young Professionals on The Memo podcast
TUPELO – The Mississippi Highway Patrol reported working four fatal car crashes during the Christmas enforcement period this year, one in Northeast Mississippi.
Highway Patrol Troopers in Troop F (Benton, Tippah, Alcorn, Tishomingo, Prentiss, Union, Pontotoc, Lee and Itawamba counties) reported working 11 collisions which resulted in one fatality and six injuries. None were alcohol related.
One DUI arrest was made and 22 seat belt violations were cited in Troop F.
The enforcement period began Monday and ended Thursday.
Click video to hear audio