More In Lifestyle
More In Opinion
- OUR OPINION: No shortage of good news during holiday week
- DANNY SMITH: Make 2015 a banner year for giving
- BILL CRAWFORD: Left-out Eaton would make Democrats the left-out party
- OUR OPINION: Oxford shapes a plan for even better days
- ROD GUAJARDO: Will you answer call to action for community leadership, involvement?
Egg Bowl: Bulldogs motivated by bragging rights
Saltillo Elementary students participate in wax museum
The storyteller: Pontotoc man chasing his comic book dreams
VIDEO: Autry Davis brings poetry to life for students
Veterans Day tribute: Tupelo man served country in three wars
George’s final days: Dramatization teaches students about Washington
- The Memo
TUPELO – The Mississippi Highway Patrol reported working four fatal car crashes during the Christmas enforcement period this year, one in Northeast Mississippi.
Highway Patrol Troopers in Troop F (Benton, Tippah, Alcorn, Tishomingo, Prentiss, Union, Pontotoc, Lee and Itawamba counties) reported working 11 collisions which resulted in one fatality and six injuries. None were alcohol related.
One DUI arrest was made and 22 seat belt violations were cited in Troop F.
The enforcement period began Monday and ended Thursday.