More In Opinion
- OUR OPINION: Tupelo children await help of intervention staff
- BOBBY HARRISON: Gunn strengthens control over House Republicans
- MARTY RUSSELL: Insane money colors views about pro ball
- OUR OPINION: Special-needs debate requires broader views
- CHARLIE MITCHELL: Secrecy supposed to benefit people, not shield officials
TUPELO – The Mississippi Highway Patrol reported working four fatal car crashes during the Christmas enforcement period this year, one in Northeast Mississippi.
Highway Patrol Troopers in Troop F (Benton, Tippah, Alcorn, Tishomingo, Prentiss, Union, Pontotoc, Lee and Itawamba counties) reported working 11 collisions which resulted in one fatality and six injuries. None were alcohol related.
One DUI arrest was made and 22 seat belt violations were cited in Troop F.
The enforcement period began Monday and ended Thursday.