More In Lifestyle
- Tree house: Tupelo man fills home with long-collected ornaments
- STEPHEN THOMPSON: A 52-week challenge to help organize your home
- MASTER GARDENER: Colors of Christmas: Amaryllis, poinsettias and paper whites
- GARY BACHMAN: Cassia provides blooms as temperatures drop
- Healing art: Sculptors turn tornado-damaged trees into lasting memorials
TUPELO – The Mississippi Highway Patrol reported working four fatal car crashes during the Christmas enforcement period this year, one in Northeast Mississippi.
Highway Patrol Troopers in Troop F (Benton, Tippah, Alcorn, Tishomingo, Prentiss, Union, Pontotoc, Lee and Itawamba counties) reported working 11 collisions which resulted in one fatality and six injuries. None were alcohol related.
One DUI arrest was made and 22 seat belt violations were cited in Troop F.
The enforcement period began Monday and ended Thursday.