House fire leaves couple homeless

CATEGORY: Fires

AUTHOR: JEFFRI

House fire leaves couple homeless

@sc: BURNSVILLE – A Tishomingo County couple is without a home after theirs was destroyed early Friday by fire.

W.B. Glidwell and his wife of the Leedy community were in bed when they heard the crackling of fire, said Holts Spur Fire Chief Patrick Bobo. The couple managed to get out of the house unharmed through a back door.

The fire was reported about 4:30 a.m. on County Road 217, about four miles south of Burnsville. By the time firefighters arrived, the brick home was engulfed in flames and the roof had caved in.

An electrical short is the possible cause of the fire. Glidwell told firefighters he had heard a rumbling noise earlier in his attic.

Cynthia M. Jeffries

Click video to hear audio