Fulton Fire Chief Freddy Brown surveys the burned remains of Itawamba Diecutting on east Wiygul Street, which caught fire early last Friday morning and burned for nearly four hours before firefighters were able to extinguish the flames.
Although owner Dan Minor, who discovered smoke inside the building just a few minutes after 5 a.m., said most of the business’ equipment can likely be salvaged, all of its stock — various paper products — were lost. The building itself, although still intact, suffered severe damage inside.
“I don’t know what we’re going to do now,” Minor told The Times just moments after firefighters put out the last of the smoldering paper products. Minor said this is the second time the business has burned; its previous building in the same location was lost to flames in 1964.
The cause of the fire is unkown at this time.
The Itawamba County Times