National Tourism Week will be observed May 9, through May 17, 2009. The Itawamba County Welcome Center has special activities planned for each day.
* Saturday, May 9, 3 for 1 singers, Amanda Easley, Ashley Farris and Courtney Mann, 11 a.m. until 11:30; 2 p.m., until 3 p.m., Picking Up the Pieces, gospel singers.
* Sunday, May 10, Judy Ferguson, art which will remain at the welcome center throughout the week; 2 p.m. until 4 p.m., Don Johnson, gospel singer.
* Monday, May 11, 10 a.m.until 2 p.m., Northeast MS Dulcimer Club; 12 p.m. until 2 p.m., Buffalo Park of Tupelo display and presentation;
* Tuesday, 1 p.m. until 3 p.m., Union County CVB/Bethany Dalton; 1 p.m. until 4 p.m., Delta Blues Museum/ Mae Smith; 11 a.m. until 3 p.m., Tenn-Tom Waterway/Ben Davis with water safety display;
* Wednesday, May 13, 12 p.m. until 3 p.m., Tupelo Main Street Assn./Elvis Presley Festival with Donna Oswalt; Dick Guyton with Elvis Presley birthplace; 1 p.m. until 3 p.m., Auto Museum, represented by Allen Daniel; 2 until 4 p.m., Tupelo CVB, Sharon McKissack; 10 a.m. until 2 p.m., Oren Dunn Museum display by Rachelle Mathis; 10 a.m. until 5 p.m., Isle of Capri of Lula, represented by Callie Clayton.
* Thursday, May 14, Jamie L. Whitten Historical Center with Garvin Gray; 10 a.m. until 2 p.m., Stephanie Movre with Holly Springs CVB; 10 a.m.until 2 p.m., George Poteet History Center and the Mantachie Historical Society.
* Friday, May 15, 11 a.m. until 2 p.m., MSU Extension Service and Romona Edge with health fair; 11 a.m. until 2 p.m., Corinth CVB promoting attractions in Corinth; 1 p.m. until 3 p.m., West Point CVB with Amber Smith promoting Howlin Wolf Festival and the Mossy Oak Car Show;
* Saturday, May 16, Armed Forces Day, 9 a.m. until 5 p.m., Tupelo Veteran Museum display of military memorabilia with Tony Lute and George Bogardis.
* Sunday, May 17, refreshments throughout the day.
Tourists will be served refreshments during the week. Mississippi mementos will be given to tourists.