– ALL AMERICA BEACH PARTY IN THE PARK: Starts at 4:30 p.m., Ballard Park, Tupelo. Food vendors, inflatable water slide, skate demonstration, entertainment, talent contest, fireworks. Bring lawn chairs. Free admission.
– 4 ON 4 SAND VOLLEYBALL TOURNAMENT: Ballard Park, Tupelo. Part of the All-America Beach Party in the Park. $60 per team. (662) 841-6440.
– JACINTO FESTIVAL: 8:30 a.m.-4:30 p.m., Jacinto Courthouse. Arts and crafts, Chucalissa Indians, bluegrass and gospel music, antique car show, food booths, inflatables, country store, political speaking. Free admission. (662) 286-8662, email@example.com.
– BREWER COMMUNITY PARADE: 9 a.m. Participants will gather at 8:30 a.m. at Brewer United Methodist Church. Call (662) 767-9707 or 767-3545.
– DULCIMER MUSIC: A special free program from the North Mississippi Dulcimer Association, 10 a.m.-1 p.m. (662) 680-4027 or (800) 305-7417.
– HOMECOMING: Easom High School biennial homecoming in Corinth, 10 a.m. parade through downtown Corinth; noon picnic at E.S. Bishop Park on S. John St.; 9 p.m. Black & Gold Ball.
– PARADE: Carr-Vista parade, 10:30 a.m. in Carr-Vista neighborhood outside of Verona.
– OXFORD DOINGS: “A Greener L-O-U Red, White and Blue” daylong celebration in Oxford, with 5K and family fun run, 8 a.m.; parade on the Square, 10 am.; picnic in the Grove, 4 p.m.; ceremony and concert, 6 p.m.; fireworks over Vaught-Hemingway Stadium at nightfall.
– PLANTERSVILLE EVENTS: 6:30 p.m., parade from Poplar and Old Planters Road to Grant Wuichet Park. Concessions available, but guests are welcome to bring lawn chairs, blankets and picnics. Fireworks at 8:45 p.m. Call (662) 844-2012.
NEMS Daily Journal