Tupelo man pulls neighbor from fire

By JB Clark/NEMS Daily Journal

TUPELO – A man was pulled from a fire on Winchester Avenue by his neighbor Thursday night.
Tupelo Fire Chief Thomas Walker said his department was called to the fire around 9:30 p.m. with the possibility of someone in the house.
“When we got there the neighbor had pulled the gentleman out,” he said. “He wasn’t burned but went to the ER with some smoke inhalation. He was able to talk when they took him.”
Fire Investigator Jason Cross said the fire was started by a kitchen appliance.
The fire caused heavy damage in the kitchen area and smoke damage throughout the home but no structural damage according to Walker.
Walker said the flames were knocked down within five minutes of the firefighters arriving on scene.