Magnolia Manor evacuates residents

djournal-In-the-NewsDaily Journal

TUPELO – An assisted living center has had to evacuate residents due to burst water pipes caused by the freezing temperatures.

A spokesperson for the home said the family of each resident has been contacted and the residents who were not picked up by their families were transferred to a nearby assisted living center.

The spokesperson said they hope to be able to start moving residents back in Wednesday but have to wait for the pipes to thaw.

Click video to hear audio