MAN DIED OF NATURAL CAUSES, AUTOPSY SAYS
An autopsy showed a Tupelo man who died while installing an air-conditioning unit Thursday died of natural causes, Lee County Medical Examiner Roy Barnett said Friday.
A state autopsy report showed that Louis “Junior” Cockrell Jr., 38, 903 Stewart St., died of a myocardial infarction or heart disease.
Electric shock had been suspected as one possible cause for the death.
Cockrell, an electrician, was installing an air-conditioning unit at a Tupelo home at 1110 Marquette St. when the incident occurred. Cockrell was pronounced dead about 1:15 p.m. Thursday at North Mississippi Medical Center.
Cynthia M. Jeffries