Tupelo Christian Preparatory School
- Columbus, Oktibbeha County, Starkville and Tupelo schools will be open Friday.
- Itawamba Community College, Northeast Community College and Blue Mountain College will also be closed Friday.
- Ole Miss, Mississippi State, Rust College, Mississippi University for Women and East Mississippi Community College will reopen Friday.
Ole Miss to reopen Friday
The Oxford, Tupelo, DeSoto and Booneville campuses of the University of Mississippi will be open regular hours on Friday, Jan. 8, and classes will be held.Please check weather conditions and use judgment before traveling. Employees are free to use personal leave if they deem it to be unsafe to travel from their area or location.
Everyone is cautioned to avoid any remaining icy areas on campus sidewalks and streets. These areas have been treated and are in the process of melting.
University administrators will continue to monitor the weather conditions. If there is further change to the university’s schedule as a result of the weather, notifications will be posted on the Ole Miss Web site, will be sent using e-mail and text messaging, and will be available at 662-915-1040.
Mississippi State to open Friday
Miss. State Media Relations
Mississippi State will resume normal activities Friday. While weather conditions have improved, students and employees are encouraged to continue to use caution when driving, especially on bridges and overpasses, and to be cautious when walking on campus.
- Change in Lee County Garbage pickup – The Lee County Solid Waste Department will not run the Friday route tomorrow. Instead, this route will be run Monday.
- Lee County basketball Tournament has been postponed until a date to be determined.
More basketball tournament news
Play in the Monroe County and Tippah County tournaments was postponed until Friday, Saturday and Monday.
However, Friday’s schedule in both events again depends on the weather and road conditions.
“If we’re postponed (Friday) we’ll have to come up with another plan,” said Walnut coach Mike Lewis, whose school is hosting the Tippah County Tournament.
Hamilton is hosting the Monroe County Tournament.
Leda Swan’s production of “Tales from the Illyrian Nights” scheduled for Thursday, January 7 and Friday, January 8, has been rescheduled due to the cold weather that has settled on the Southeast. The performances have been rescheduled to Sunday, January, 10th at 7:00p.m.. Tickets for Thursday and Friday performance will be honored for the Sunday performance which will feature a reception with the singers and dancers following the performance.
For Mississippi Road Conditions: 1-888-728-4218
If you have a closing or weather information post a comment here. Help us report the news and send photos or closings to firstname.lastname@example.org.
NEMS Daily Journal