No one hurt after smoke seen in Tupelo elementary school

By NEMS Daily Journal

Firefighters went to the scene in Tupelo after a transformer blew near Lawhon Elementary School Friday afternoon causing smoke to be seen at the school.

No one was hurt and the building was not damaged.

Students were evacuated from the building and by the time they returned it was time for regular dismissal.

Power went out but was restored in the building. Officials said school will be held as normal Monday.

Click video to hear audio