No one injured in Saltillo house fire

djournal-fire-stockDaily Journal

SALTILLO – No one was injured in a fully involved house fire this morning.

The fire on County Road 885 broke out sometime between 10:30 and 10:45 a.m. Saltillo and Mooreville firefighters responded to the scene.

Saltillo Fire Chief Mark Nowell said the house is a total loss after being gutted by the fire.

A pet dog was inside the home at the time of the fire and died from injuries sustained in the fire.

Nowell said it was not apparent how or where the fire broke out because the interior of the house was so fully and evenly burned. When they arrived, he said flames were shooting out of the home’s front door and onto the porch.

The home is located just south of the Saltillo city limits.