Plantersville home lost in fire

JB Clark | Daily Journal A house fire started when a garbage fire got out of control.

JB Clark | Daily Journal
A house fire started when a garbage fire got out of control.

By JB Clark

Daily Journal

PLANTERSVILLE – A brush fire was called in on County Road 1009 to the Plantersville Fire Department.

But it turned out a house was fully engulfed when firefighters arrived.

Officials said a garbage fire was burning out back, and a child was tossing sticks into the fire when the child threw a can of something in the fire, causing an explosion.

The fire started around 1:15 p.m. and firefighters were still fighting it as of 2:20 p.m.

The house is a total loss.

One person was transported to North Mississippi Medical Center for respiratory distress caused by smoke inhalation.