Recommendations for a business incubator in Oxford:
– A business incubator should be established in Oxford.
– The incubator should be established as a hub facility; satellite facilities in the region should be added. The network would be operated with a single management team.
– The hub incubator should be weighted to technology and commercialization of research but also include innovative start-up businesses based on non-technical products.
– A working committee should be formed representing the Economic Development Foundation, University of Mississippi, local governments and business community.
– A building of between 35,000 and 40,000 square feet should be built or otherwise acquired.
– The incubator should be operated as a not-for-profit corporation backed by grants and gifts.
– Investing sponsors should have authority to appoint a governing board of directors.
Source: Oxford-Lafayette County Small Business Incubator Feasibility Study, Stacey and Associates, Mobile.